LadyNichiavelli

2017-2018 Cycle

92 posts in this topic

I will not be accepting my seat at Salus due to accepting a seat in another PA program. Hopefully this opens a spot for someone else! 

For anyone that has had an interview so far this cycle: does anyone have any last min advice for me going into my interview. I feel like I interview pretty well but wanted some advice for this specific school. We’re there any questions that threw anyone for a loop? 

1 hour ago, Lukeh205 said:

For anyone that has had an interview so far this cycle: does anyone have any last min advice for me going into my interview. I feel like I interview pretty well but wanted some advice for this specific school. We’re there any questions that threw anyone for a loop? 

No tricky questions at all! My interview was very straightforward and extremely relaxed. You have nothing to worry about. 

1 hour ago, Lukeh205 said:

You've interviewed here before so I'm sure you'll be great! Just prepare for the typical PA interview questions and know your application :) nothing unexpected! goodluck! 

1 hour ago, athompson said:

You've interviewed here before so I'm sure you'll be great! Just prepare for the typical PA interview questions and know your application :) nothing unexpected! goodluck! 

Thanks for the feedback! I def feel more confident this year and have fixed some of my weak points. Hope this year is the year!

1 hour ago, kristi said:

No tricky questions at all! My interview was very straightforward and extremely relaxed. You have nothing to worry about. 

Thanks for the feedback! 

has anyone interviewed that has not received a response yet? it has been a few weeks since my interview and i still have not heard back

Has anybody who interviewed anytime after 10/11 received an acceptance email? There have been quite a few interview dates and nobody has posted anything. I also haven't heard anything.

I interviewed on 10/18 and received an acceptance email this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone that interviewed have more specific directions as to which building the interciew is in? The email didn’t really specify where to go for the interview. Thanks. 

Hey Amandag13... once you drive in, from the place that kinda looks like a drop off area, you're gonna see one building in like the middle that says Salus. There is a pond in the middle so you will have to go around. And once you go in someone will give you further instructions 

Hey all,

does anyone know what the interview consist of? Do we have essays to write? 

I am interviewing 11/15 and I would like some advice about being a "competitive applicant"? Good luck to all!

14 hours ago, Lilyofthevalley16 said:

Hey all,

does anyone know what the interview consist of? Do we have essays to write? 

I am interviewing 11/15 and I would like some advice about being a "competitive applicant"? Good luck to all!

It’s literally just a one on one interview with one of the staff members, you’ll be fine. I’m also interviewing on the 15th! 

10 hours ago, Lukeh205 said:

It’s literally just a one on one interview with one of the staff members, you’ll be fine. I’m also interviewing on the 15th! 

Do you know how many people are interviewing with us? I'm excited! Best of luck!!

4 hours ago, Lilyofthevalley16 said:

Do you know how many people are interviewing with us? I'm excited! Best of luck!!

I’m super excited ! Should b 16 of us!

Hey all,

the interview was very laid back, I was wondering if the interviewers asked to what and how many other schools you've interviewed? I was wondering if this was a tricky question? 

Good luck to everyone!

On 11/15/2017 at 0:47 PM, Lilyofthevalley16 said:

Hey all,

the interview was very laid back, I was wondering if the interviewers asked to what and how many other schools you've interviewed? I was wondering if this was a tricky question? 

Good luck to everyone!

My interviewer didn't ask that question when I interviewed. I think they just want to know how serious you are about their program. Just try to show and explain your interest and commitment to the program :) 

@athompson I did say I was interviewing at other programs. I wonder if it is negative to say.. I dont want to seem desperate to get into their program nor make them feel that I have other options. 

On 11/15/2017 at 1:59 PM, Lilyofthevalley16 said:

@athompson I did say I was interviewing at other programs. I wonder if it is negative to say.. I dont want to seem desperate to get into their program nor make them feel that I have other options. 

It is not negative to say at all! I am currently in a class where the professor is on the panel for interviews. They just want to see if you have a back up plan/where else you are applying

I interviewed on 11/1 and still have not heard anything back. Is anybody else in the same situation? It seems like they've been pretty quick getting back to people after their interview, so this is making me a bit nervous. Do you think I should email them to check in on this?

They told me that after a week, they meet with the admissions comittee and make decisions. Approximately 2-3 weeks from interview date you should have an answer. 

On 11/17/2017 at 9:49 PM, thurmanmcmurman said:

I interviewed on 11/1 and still have not heard anything back. Is anybody else in the same situation? It seems like they've been pretty quick getting back to people after their interview, so this is making me a bit nervous. Do you think I should email them to check in on this?

I also interviewed on 11/1 and have not heard back, so maybe give them more time?

Hi all! 

Salus holds a place in my heart since it was my first acceptance, but I have chosen to give up my spot due to an acceptance to another program closer to home. I hope this opens up an opportunity for another person!!

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

I just received my acceptance email 30 minutes ago. I interviewed the first of November. 

32 minutes ago, Austinb570 said:

Hi all,

I just received my acceptance email 30 minutes ago. I interviewed the first of November. 

Congrats !! I interviewed on the 15 anxiously waiting!!

4 minutes ago, yeaokbro said:

Placed on standby T-T

Same here. Guess we're just waiting for a spot to open up then? Sounds like it's better than being waitlisted, if there's any upside to it.

Interviewed 11/15.  I looked at the previous year’s forum, they said a decent amount of students were taken off of the standby list. It also said that the standby list is different from the waitlist?

Hi all! My interview is this Wednesday (11/29) - I'm wondering if anyone has brought a guest? They gave the option to bring a guest, and I'm wondering what the day would entail for the guest. 

I brought my mom. The guests are able to listen to the first information session, go on the tour and have lunch with you and the rest of the group. They’d have to just sit around during your interview and talk with admissions but those don’t take too long!

56 minutes ago, kmh26 said:

I brought my mom. The guests are able to listen to the first information session, go on the tour and have lunch with you and the rest of the group. They’d have to just sit around during your interview and talk with admissions but those don’t take too long!

Thank you so much for letting me know! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one to bring their mom :)

On 11/2/2017 at 11:45 PM, Abria said:

Has anybody who interviewed anytime after 10/11 received an acceptance email? There have been quite a few interview dates and nobody has posted anything. I also haven't heard anything.

I heard back within a week or two but declined due to acceptance at another school. Good Luck to everyone else!

Just got an email inviting me for an interview Dec. 13th! hoping it won't be too late by then since they are on rolling admissions?? Anyone have any insight into this?

43 minutes ago, thurmanmcmurman said:

Accepted on 11/30 after being placed on standby from the 11/1 interview!

Congrats!! I’m hopeful. Did they email you? 

23 minutes ago, yeaokbro said:

Congrats!! I’m hopeful. Did they email you? 

Yeah, I got the email on Thursday morning. It was pretty brief, but they said the formal acceptance will be mailed soon and contain more details. 

I got an email today in regards to the standby list. It just gave more information about what it was and how it would proceed for people in the standby list.

It said that as of today, they have interviewed 250+ students, and 30 people are on the standby list. Class size is 50.

The standby list is unranked.