2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there everyone! I interviewed Monday the 28th and just received my email of acceptance into the program!!!!! So excited! Left the interviewing feeling really good about the program, faculty, students, and campus. The entire day was was put together really well, ultimately making it a top choice. I will be accepting. Ecstatic to be a bulldog! 

-Cade from Nashville 

On 9/1/2017 at 0:39 PM, MountainPA said:

Hey there everyone! I interviewed Monday the 28th and just received my email of acceptance into the program!!!!! So excited! Left the interviewing feeling really good about the program, faculty, students, and campus. The entire day was was put together really well, ultimately making it a top choice. I will be accepting. Ecstatic to be a bulldog! 

-Cade from Nashville 

Congratulations to you Cade! What an awesome honor. I am a GWU alumni, so if you have any questions about the school in general, message me and I can try to help you with whatever I can!

Were you in the AM or PM Session? 

Thanks

Nothing here either. I want to think no news is good news, but I'm still anxious and nervous as all get out. I found it odd only one person has posted that they've been accepted. Usually people flock to these forums once they get the good news. Maybe the holiday on Monday threw a kink into everything.

Hey guys, 

It's Adam, I know of one other acceptance from the 28th interview (besides Cade).  I have not heard anything yet either. I believe Tuesday (9/5) was when Alli said she expected to get out acceptance letters (e-mails) but there was a lot of chatter in the room so I may have missed something she said. Personally I'm setting myself up for a rejection or best case wait-list, but you never know until you hear something definitive.  

Good Luck All.

The only time/details that I heard was that we would hear if we were accepted into the program or if we were simply not accepted through email in 7-10 days (but remember, that could mean business days AND there was a holiday Monday). Alli also said that letters would be mailed out if we were on the wait list later. I was wait-listed last year and I didn't hear back for about 3 weeks-a month from the time of my interview.

Congratulations, Cade!

I also received my acceptance letter on Friday (interviewed 8/25) and on Tuesday made the decision to accept the invitation to attend GW's PA Program! I am beyond excited to join this wonderful program and be trained by these amazing, supportive faculty! Hope you all hear good news soon! Also, does anyone know if there is a FB page for Class of 2020 to connect?

Thanks!

Kelsey O'Neill from Vancouver, WA

Congrats to all that have received acceptance thus far!

I am curious as to how everyone went through the application process. I got an email stating my app was in preliminary review and then last week found out my app was moving to official review and that I will not be notified if I get an interview or not after this. Did anyone else go through something similar or were you notified immediately with an interview offer?

Thanks!

On 9/6/2017 at 4:08 PM, catkins1 said:

Congratulations to you Cade! What an awesome honor. I am a GWU alumni, so if you have any questions about the school in general, message me and I can try to help you with whatever I can!

Were you in the AM or PM Session? 

Thanks

Thank you for the kind words and gestures. I was in the PM session! I will most definitely have some questions for you! 

Thanks again! I am very excited! 

On 8/21/2017 at 3:56 PM, ndiehl87 said:

Received my email inviting me for interview on September 29th. Good luck to every one!

I was offered an interview on Sept 29th at 12:30pm. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up the night before for dinner! You can email me at areddy@oakland.edu!

Guest bcurtis93

Hello again everyone! Sorry I haven't been more active on this forum, we just had a huge end of module exam for EENT (I passed so now I can relax lol). Congratulations to everyone who has secured a seat in the next cohort - this is a big accomplishment. 

It is no secrete that GWU utilizes a "rolling admissions model". Basically what this means is that the school will interview, accept, and waitlist students as they receive applications (more of a reason to get those applications in early!) If you've already interviewed and still haven't headed anything, be patient. You could still be considered for the next batch of admission emails that go out. It's not over until the fat lady sings right?

Im not sure on how many students have currently been accepted, but the application season is FAR from being over. Keep up the hard work and maintain your focus. Like I've said before, enjoy the process. I know its stressful, but this is one of the most important things you'll ever do in your life. 

- Brett Curtis, PA-S 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived