DeSales University: 2017-2018

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got an interview for 9/27! Mine seems to be the latest so far, but I am coming from California so maybe they try to give out of area people more time to get travel plans?? 

Good luck everyone!

My stats-

GPA: 3.89 overall, 3.8 science

Patient Care Hours: 1,000 EMT and ER Tech

Shadowing: 55 hours

Other experience hours: 300 hours

Got an interview for 9/27! Mine seems to be the latest so far, but I am coming from California so maybe they try to give out of area people more time to get travel plans?? 

Good luck everyone!

Doubt the travel thing...My husband is a P1 right now, we are from Colorado. He got in his stuff Oct 1st, got the interview notice towards the end of Jan and had the interview like the first week of Feb. One of the people that was interviewing said he was surprised how long it took Desales to invite him, because of his stats. When he interviewed they had like 6 or 9 spots left.

Good Luck!!!

Hi everyone! For those of you that will be interviewing on July 26th, are you staying in PA the night before? I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for cheap housing options. I will be driving up from CT the day before. I am considering staying in one of the hotels suggested on the interview itinerary email, but wanted to get a feel for what others were doing. Thanks, I am so excited that it's getting closer!

On 7/7/2017 at 0:17 PM, MG358 said:

Hi everyone! For those of you that will be interviewing on July 26th, are you staying in PA the night before? I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for cheap housing options. I will be driving up from CT the day before. I am considering staying in one of the hotels suggested on the interview itinerary email, but wanted to get a feel for what others were doing. Thanks, I am so excited that it's getting closer!

I'm all about Airbnb! There are quite a few affordable choices in Philadelphia, Bethlehem, and Allentown. Excited to meet other interviewees on the 26th!

On 7/9/2017 at 11:46 PM, amb13 said:

I'm all about Airbnb! There are quite a few affordable choices in Philadelphia, Bethlehem, and Allentown. Excited to meet other interviewees on the 26th!

Oh thats a great idea, I forgot to check that. I found a really cheap one, so thank you!! :) looking forward to meeting you on the 26th. My name is Melissa, for anyone who is there that day!

22 hours ago, fraja said:

Do you think most acceptances will be given by October? I'm afraid of them all be given out before my interview date.

Every cycle is different I'm sure, but it seems Desales is the type of school that is concerned about finding the right candidates not just filling seats. My husband didn't even apply until the Oct  1st deadline, and had his interview in Feb(I believe it was one of the last interview dates), and they had a handful of spots to still fill. 

There is still hope!

Archived