RHODE ISLAND: Johnson & Wales University 2017-2018 Cycle

8 hours ago, BrittLundy said:

I am in the same position and would love to know the answer to this as well!

Thanks guys <3

20 hours ago, hkstacky said:

Has anyone heard if they will be having more interviews? I know some people got rejection emails recently but I haven't heard anything so I was just curious! Thank you!

When i interviewed, some of the current students told me they didn't interview until January. They never told us any specific number of interviews, but I would assume that as long as they haven't filled the class, they will be holding more interviews! 

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone! I was researching JWU and saw that they are on accreditation-probation status.
Any thoughts from those who have applied/interviewed/accepted already? This is certainly disappointing to read - wasn't sure if anyone had more insight into it
As someone that is going to be in the class of 2020 it was a little disappointing but the school informed me shortly after they found out and explained that they are making all necessary changes to reach full accreditation status.

It didn't change my mind to attend the program since they are currently accredited and according to the NCCPA, that will allow us to sit for the PANCE.

https://www.nccpa.net/pance-eligibility

Hope that helps your decision about JWU.f142454e0f0950bd37d321b0006eb4b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, jswang said:

Hey everyone! I was researching JWU and saw that they are on accreditation-probation status.

Any thoughts from those who have applied/interviewed/accepted already? This is certainly disappointing to read - wasn't sure if anyone had more insight into it

I was accepted and paid my deposit for this program back in August. I was pretty disappointed when I got a call about the probation status, but from what I understand, the only reason they received this status has something to do with how they report their statistics. They were not asked to change anything about the curriculum or how the program is structured, meaning they're still doing everything right on the academic side (with 100% pass rate and employment rate for the past 2 years). I ended up doing a lot of research through the ARC-PA site and others and found that "as long as the program is accredited at the day you matriculate, you are eligible to sit for the PANCE." Even though the "probation" title looks scary, it IS still a form of accreditation. The only people who could be affected are those who will matriculate 2 years from now, and they will only be affected if the program happens to not fix what they were asked to fix and are moved to a withdrawn accreditation status at the ne. It seems pretty unlikely that they wouldn't pass the second time around, especially because the changes they were asked to make sound simple and don't involve the curriculum. A lot of forum posts I've read actually encouraged people to apply to programs with probation status because often these are the programs who will strive the hardest to ensure all their students are beyond prepared for the PANCE. I still do not regret my decision to attend this program over "ranked" programs I was accepted to as I still feel that this faculty is far and beyond that of other programs. Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:14 AM, jenna06 said:

Does anyone know if they do March interviews?

I'm not 100% sure, so this would be a question for the school itself, but I am guessing not. The program starts at the end of May (orientation), so March interviews would be pretty late. From what I can see, our class page has 36 students, which is the cap for the class. Obviously this is just people who have paid deposits, though, so it could always change if they decide to attend somewhere else, which is still very possible.

Archived