UNTHSC 2017-2018 Application Cycle

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, lctexas4 said:

Hi everyone, 

I am a first time applicant for the 2018-2019 cycle, and UNT is my top choice. I have read on this thread and seen on their website that is rare for a student to be admitted with a C in a prerequisite course. My sGPA is a 3.67, but I did receive a C in microbiology. I am wondering if anyone who has been accepted in this past cycle had a C in a prerequisite course? I am considering retaking it this summer in order to give myself the best chance to get accepted here. I am nervous that my application will automatically get rejected due to the C. Any insight is appreciated! Thank you!

I would probably retake it to make your application stronger and to show them that C was a fluke.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JTN5340 said:

I would probably retake it to make your application stronger and to show them that C was a fluke.

Thank you for the advice. I have decided to retake it this June. I did contact admissions and since I will be submitting before completing the retake, they told me they would evaluate my application based on what I submit at the time and use my other science courses to make a judgement on how I will do in the retake. I felt like submitting as early as possible would be better than delaying my application 5 weeks, but we’ll see. Hopefully the fact that I’m retaking the course despite having a competitive sGPA will mean enough for them to still consider me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived