UNTHSC 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a long 3 months, I finally received the email a few days ago that I wouldn’t get an interview. I’ll have to reapply earlier next year and improve my app in the meantime. Btw, Pam said last week that they may not hold January interviews since the seats were filling up so fast. Just FYI for those still waiting. Best of luck & congrats to you guys accepted!

22 hours ago, Jbalcazar said:

Those who got waitlisted; care to share your stats:)

Major: Kinesiology Exercise Science

cGPA: 3.87

sGPA: 3.9

GRE: v:149/q:157 = 306 combined

Patient care hours: CNA in family practice clinic (1000 hrs)

Research: 18 hours psychology research lab

Volunteer: 116 ER volunteer; 52 mother/baby volunteer; 40 medical mission volunteer; 50 academic volunteer

Shadow: 142 combined hours of PA/MD shadowing abroad and in the US

Stats: Texas resident; 21 yrs old; first time applied -- applied to 5 texas schools -- received 4 interviews. Acceptance to 1 so far, waitlisted here, have not heard back from other 2. 

:-)

22 hours ago, Jbalcazar said:

Major in Genetics

cGPA: 3.49

sGPA: 3.29

GRE: v:159, q:151, writing 5

patient care hours: home health 960, scribe 1800, clinic over 4000

volunteer: over 500 hours in various healthcare/nonhealthcare settings

Research: around 100 hours

Stats: first year applying, applied to four schools in TX, accepted to one so far, waitlisted here, and haven't heard from one! Declined my interview at one.

Hope this helps! :)

23 hours ago, Jbalcazar said:

Major: cell bio Minor: psych

cGPA: 3.72

sGPA: 3.78

GRE: v:154 q: 150

medical experience: 1500 hours as scribe, 70 hours PA shadowing, 250 volunteer in various healthcare settings 

research: 100 hours in virology 

Stats: first year applying. 5 interviews: one acceptance, one wait list, haven’t heard from 2 schools and turned down one interview. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

An update for those on the waitlist: 

Yes, interviews have been completed.  We do not rank our waitlist.  We are looking to maintain 75 seats in our upcoming class; if that number drops below 75, we will review candidates on the waitlist to make more offers.  This process can continue until the class begins in July.  Usually we utilize 40 percent of our wait list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2018 at 8:49 AM, ash09 said:

An update for those on the waitlist: 

Yes, interviews have been completed.  We do not rank our waitlist.  We are looking to maintain 75 seats in our upcoming class; if that number drops below 75, we will review candidates on the waitlist to make more offers.  This process can continue until the class begins in July.  Usually we utilize 40 percent of our wait list.

Thank you @ash09 for the update! 

Do you know what is the date of the first day of class in July? 

On 1/12/2018 at 2:49 PM, Alyssa13m said:

So I just finished my degree this past december, and Ive already sent in my last trascript to CASPA, but do they need a separate document verifying the completion of my Bachelor's? Did anyone else have to send something like that?

I think you're fine as long as you send your transcripts since that'll show all of your completed coursework. You could email them to double check though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

I am a first time applicant for the 2018-2019 cycle, and UNT is my top choice. I have read on this thread and seen on their website that is rare for a student to be admitted with a C in a prerequisite course. My sGPA is a 3.67, but I did receive a C in microbiology. I am wondering if anyone who has been accepted in this past cycle had a C in a prerequisite course? I am considering retaking it this summer in order to give myself the best chance to get accepted here. I am nervous that my application will automatically get rejected due to the C. Any insight is appreciated! Thank you!

Archived