UNTHSC 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/22/2017 at 4:33 PM, 808hawaiinei said:

@emilyyx + @nbehnken would you guys mind sharing your stats? Congrats on the interview invites! Debating if I should apply to this program again. Ekk! 

Sure!

I submitted my application around 5/25 & I'm a texas resident.

My GPA is a 3.9, graduating Fall 2017 with a degree in Biology.

My work experience include: ~500 hours as a home health aide, ~100 hours as a medical scribe,  ~200 hours volunteering in free clinic, & work as a TA. I shadowed NPs, MDs, and PAs.... didn't have many hours in shadowing though.

On 7/22/2017 at 3:33 PM, 808hawaiinei said:

@emilyyx + @nbehnken would you guys mind sharing your stats? Congrats on the interview invites! Debating if I should apply to this program again. Ekk! 

Of course!

I submitted my application 5/10 and I am from California.

GPA: 3.5- Graduated in May of 2016 with a B.S. in Biology

Work Experience: 1200 hours as a CNA, 100 hours of PA + MD shadowing, 200 hours of volunteering in the hospital 

3 minutes ago, futuretxpa said:

I'm wondering if they just haven't gotten to my app yet or what? I submitted around the same time as those getting interviews/rejections and I haven't heard anything. My app was received and under review by them on June 12th

Me too! I'm sure it's all part of their process

5 minutes ago, futuretxpa said:

I'm trying to not be nervous and just go with the flow... but it's hard!! Hope something good happens for the both of us. When did they say your app was under review?

Waiting is definitely the hardest part! I hope so too, fingers crossed!! I was under review 6/8. What about you?

Does anyone know what kind of emphasis is placed on the GRE scores or what would be considered competitive scores? I've read they like experience over scores but you never know! 

I got an invite and my gre score was pretty low. 147 verbal, 152 math, 5.0 writing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, futuretxpa said:

I'm wondering if they just haven't gotten to my app yet or what? I submitted around the same time as those getting interviews/rejections and I haven't heard anything. My app was received and under review by them on June 12th

You mailed in your supplemental fee, right?

What were your other stats like?? 
Anyone else heard from rejections this week?? I haven't heard anything but I got verified about a month ago so I am not sure if it is too early to expect anything!! UNT is my top choice...so I am hoping to hear soon!!

You can look through my previous posts by going to my profile! I posted it somewhere :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived