Shreveport 2017-2018 application cycle

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Blairmcc said:

There are others who have been accepted that are not part of this forum. Still, I have only heard of 3 people being accepted. I wouldn't freak out yet as I believe the majority of applicants will find out in December.

Which interviews have others been accepted from? 

I've been lurking for a while but finally signed up....

Am I understanding correctly that the only acceptances have come from the 10/2 interview?

I interviewed on 10/16 and I've been obsessively checking here and my email to get an idea of what's going on. I'm trying to figure this out! Does it sound to anyone else like the admissions committee ranked people and put the most competitive applicants in the first interview?

When I read about having 7 interviews and possibly 8 if they don't get who they want, it makes me wonder if that's the case. Anyone have any insight?

14 hours ago, LexieB said:

I've been lurking for a while but finally signed up....

Am I understanding correctly that the only acceptances have come from the 10/2 interview?

I interviewed on 10/16 and I've been obsessively checking here and my email to get an idea of what's going on. I'm trying to figure this out! Does it sound to anyone else like the admissions committee ranked people and put the most competitive applicants in the first interview?

When I read about having 7 interviews and possibly 8 if they don't get who they want, it makes me wonder if that's the case. Anyone have any insight?

I could be wrong, but I think they have a set number of applicant they interview each year and I guess it is possible they go over that number if they haven't gotten the 40 students.  To my knowledge there have been 4 interview dates so far and I am only aware of applicants from the 1st - October 2nd interview date that have received acceptances, one was right after the interview and the others were on Friday.  Good luck to you!!

2 hours ago, idahopa34 said:

Yes I received that email in June which was a long time ago. Since then I have had emails asking for updates on my out-standing pre-requisites. Not sure if that means I am still being considered?

Same here. I called and emailed like I was told from admin office and still waiting!

Archived