On 1/13/2018 at 5:10 PM, Oge24 said:

I was told that there will be one on one sessions and a group activity.

Thank you!

On 1/17/2018 at 6:37 AM, Sque3z said:

Good morning everyone!! Is CDU still sending out interview invites? 

That's what I would like to know too. I haven't get rejected yet nor heard anything from them. Patiently waiting!

On 1/17/2018 at 6:37 AM, Sque3z said:

Good morning everyone!! Is CDU still sending out interview invites? 

At the interview session on 1/27, the current students mentioned that it was the last interview session.  Wishing you luck with your other applications.

Just received an email offering me a spot on the alternate list! Does anyone have any experience with CDUs waitlist? 

Hello all!

I interviewed on 1/27th and was offered admission on 2/1.  I've heard of a few others who were accepted from this interview date, but also know that others from this session are still waiting to hear back from the school. 

Continued good luck to everyone.

• Upvote 1

I interviewed in December, should I have heard back from now either accepted/waitlisted/ rejected?

@PAMOE at your interview did they give you a time frame for when they would get in contact with you? At the January interview, they told us that it may take a couple of weeks to hear back, but that by April, they would let us know our status (accepted/waitlisted/rejected).  Maybe that "deadline" applies for all applicants.  

I know the wait must be rough, but hang in there!

Reading all of the acceptance post and the ones encouraging others that haven't heard back lets me know im choosing the right profession. Does anyone know what is the latest an application can be submitted for the 2019 cycle?  I am finishing up my prerequisites in the next few months. I should be done by August. Any information is helpful.

On 3/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, MrNewLife said:

Reading all of the acceptance post and the ones encouraging others that haven't heard back lets me know im choosing the right profession. Does anyone know what is the latest an application can be submitted for the 2019 cycle?  I am finishing up my prerequisites in the next few months. I should be done by August. Any information is helpful.

@MrNewLife Specifically for CDU, if prerequisites for application stay the same, you can only have 2 prereqs pending at the time of application and these prereqs would need to be completed by May 30th of the application year.  So, it's most likely that for Fall 2019 entry, the prereqs must be completed by May 2019.  If that's the case, you should be fine.  

CASPA deadline was January 15th for this cycle with January being the last interview session.  I, as would many other applicants, would probably recommend that you apply as early as possible, as long as you are eligible to do so (read each school's prereqs), to give you the best chances.  

The schools should update their pages once the new cycle applications open in April.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By UCSF Fresno
      The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) - Fresno Emergency Medicine PA Residency is accepting applications for the 2019 application cycle. This 18-month postgraduate program, affiliated with the UCSF School of Medicine, is designed to prepare PAs to practice in a variety of emergency medicine environments.
      We will be accepting 2 residents in 2019. The class will start June 26, 2019 but we will be offering rolling admissions into the Fall for accepted applicants who have a later PA school graduation date. 
      Deadline to apply is January 15, 2019. 
      Rotations include:
      Trauma Critical Care Pediatric Emergency Medicine Burn Orthopedics Dermatology Ophthalmology Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Toxicology Emergency Ultrasound Anesthesia EMS  Resuscitation courses include: ACLS, ATLS, BLS, PALS
      18-month stipend: $90,000
      Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401k, employee assistance program, 4 weeks of vacation, membership in the Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants (SEMPA), UCSF email access, textbook, malpractice coverage, and more.
      Paid travel to SEMPA 360, SEMPA's annual conference.
      Our state-of-the-art ED at Community Regional Medical Center serves as the only Level 1 Trauma Center/Burn Center for Central California, and handles an annual ED volume of over 110,000.
      The Department of Emergency Medicine hosts fellowships in Emergency Ultrasound, Medical Education, and Wilderness Medicine. Our faculty are involved in EMS, wilderness medicine, ultrasound, medical education, toxicology, international emergency medicine, and more. They are also leaders in the emergency medicine and EMPA community.
      For more information, please see the attached flyer.
      Website: http://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/emergency-medicine-physician-assistant/

Email: em.pa.residency@fresno.ucsf.edu
      Residency Flyer.pdf
    • By jersey33
      What is the process of creating a clinical site or at least an affiliation with a doctor or organization for one student to do a rotation at? I have been desperately trying to get clinical rotations in CA, my home, while I am currently out of state. I have situational depression and I know that being able to do rotations back at home would help immensely with my focus, happiness, and health, but my school won't budge in helping me. Their reasoning was that it's too much work for them to make affiliations with new sites. I have found doctors willing to take me in for rotations though, so the only thing left would be the paperwork which I thought was in large part filled out by the preceptor. Does anyone know anything about this, and if so, could you please help me understand?
    • By Chrissylee
      Starting a post for the 2018-2019 cycle for Cal Baptist University's PA program! Good luck everyone!

• By UCSF Fresno
      University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) – Fresno will be accepting two PA students for our wilderness medicine student elective. As an introduction to wilderness medicine, the elective will cover environmental illnesses, trauma, search and rescue, burns, bites and stings, wilderness improvisation, and more. This two-week elective includes one week of didactic education then moves into the Sierra Nevada mountains for hands-on training. UCSF faculty and guest instructors will be leading the elective. UCSF Fresno has a robust wilderness medicine program including a wilderness medicine fellowship and medical direction/education to the National Park Service.
      Elective dates:
      9/3/18 – 9/14/18
      Deadline to apply:
      4/15/18
      Prerequisites:
      PA student in their final year of training
      PA must be able to provide their own transportation
      For more information:
      https://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/medical-student-programs/wilderness-medicine-rotation/
      Email:
      em.pa.residency@fresno.ucsf.edu
    • By PedPA
      I am looking at relocating. What do you think is a fair hourly rate (no benefits) for an experienced pediatric physician assistant in California? 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More