2017-18 Application Cycle

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Remy2 said:

I read that they are increasing the class size of the PA program. By 2018, reaching 120. Has anyone else heard that?

So I actually asked them about this on a tour and they said that was the original plan years ago, but for funding/functionality purposes they are going to stick with 80 for now. Mr. Drace said they simply don't have the room or money to keep adding right now. 

17 minutes ago, blazergrl91 said:

Just to save you guys some added stress...they're probably not going to call until Thursday and Friday, which is what they usually do before thanksgiving break. They may change that but most likely that's what will happen. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight! That way if we do hear something earlier we will be surprised. I interviewed Friday Nov. 3 and they said it was possible we might hear within a week... so that's why I am so anxious. It was all a little vague. They want to keep us on our toes! 

23 minutes ago, blazergrl91 said:

Just to save you guys some added stress...they're probably not going to call until Thursday and Friday, which is what they usually do before thanksgiving break. They may change that but most likely that's what will happen. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, at my interview on Thursday afternoon, Dr. Gilford indeed told us applicants that "We should expect to hear by the end of next week..." however, the following week, the same message was allegedly repeated to the second half of interviewees: "...expect to hear by the end of next week." Seeing that those statements create a week of discrepancy in when we should expect to hear back, nobody really knows what to expect. Seems inconsistent that it was said to both pools of applicants ("end of next week"), but in DIFFERENT weeks.. hahah. 

26 minutes ago, pastu727 said:

Just to clarify - they said two weeks after the last interview date which was Nov. 7. From old posts, people began hearing around Nov 16/17 - so Thursday/Friday, which is what someone said earlier. I'm not sure if this will hold true - but just a piece of mind! 

That's what I read as well.  I guess we can take a deep breath and wait, certainly can't relax!! LOL  At least we know the earliest could be tomorrow and the latest could/should/might be another whole week!!  This is harder than having to wait for Christmas morning to open presents!!!! :) 

Archived