2017-18 Application Cycle

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, rec17 said:

Were any of you who were accepted second time applicants?

This was is my second year applying. The first year I got zero interviews. This year I received 5. The first four schools waitlisted me. The fifth interview was MUSC and I was accepted. Since May I’ve been nervous about getting in and luckily I did. Keep building your application and stay hopeful! 

This was my third time applying to PA school period, first time applying to MUSC, and first acceptance. Did a lot of work outside the classroom to build up my application over the years. It IS possible! Don't lose hope, especially if you know being a PA is the best career path for you. It's harder to get in than medical school I hear nowadays.

@rec17 this is my third year applying to schools. The first year I didn't get all of my transcripts into MUSC in time (they weren't apart of CASPA then), the second year I was interviewed and waitlisted, and this year I was accepted. Don't lose hope! Keep working on improving your application and stay determined. Persistence is key. Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2017 at 4:15 PM, emscode3 said:

I got the call yesterday informing me that I was moved from the waitlist and offered a seat. Looks like the deposit deadline has passed and they are filling the unclaimed seats.

Congratulations! Did they give you the same 14-day deadline for you to put your deposit down for your seat? Thanks!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:17 PM, DaniPA said:

Congratulations! Did they give you the same 14-day deadline for you to put your deposit down for your seat? Thanks!

They did give me the same 14 day deadline, but stated that they would be willing to work with me due to the holidays and the office being closed. It is two different ($500) for a total of $1000, one paid to the main university and one to the PA department. They need it mailed in, there isn't an online portal to post payment.

Archived