2017-18 Application Cycle

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, don't despair just yet! I got my offer call around 9:44AM this morning (Thursday, 11/30) and offer email shortly after that.

Since I know I was one of those people religiously checking this forum and greatly appreciated whenever people would give this information, here is my timeline:

CASPA submitted: July 14, 2017
Interview Invite: October 4, 2017
Interview Date and Time: November 8, 2017, afternoon
Acceptance Call and Email: November 30, 2017, 9:44AM

I am an out-of-stater. I also think I hyperventilated on the phone because I was so excited. :)

Congratulations to all who got in, and good luck to those waiting! You got this.

28 minutes ago, expectoPAtronum said:

Hi all, don't despair just yet! I got my offer call around 9:44AM this morning (Thursday, 11/30) and offer email shortly after that.

Since I know I was one of those people religiously checking this forum and greatly appreciated whenever people would give this information, here is my timeline:

CASPA submitted: July 14, 2017
Interview Invite: October 4, 2017
Interview Date and Time: November 8, 2017, afternoon
Acceptance Call and Email: November 30, 2017, 9:44AM

I am an out-of-stater. I also think I hyperventilated on the phone because I was so excited. :)

Congratulations to all who got in, and good luck to those waiting! You got this.

CONGRATS!!! Also, thank you for the update, appreciate ya! 

They did say at the interview that they were not calling everyone at one time and not to freak out about that, and they would try to let everyone know by the end of the month but didn't promise that. So I really think there is still some hope. But I could be wrong as well! 

7 minutes ago, hannahleigh1223 said:

Has anyone heard anything that interviewed on a date besides November 8th? That’s all I’m seeing so I’m wondering if they just haven’t gotten to the later interview dates yet, I interviewed the 16th and haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone from the 16th hear anything?

I interviewed on the 16th in the AM group and received a call on Wednesday. We established they’re not doing it alphabetically, and it seems they’re not doing it by interview date. Maybe it’s just random? Or by the some type of points system?  

My thought is they are doing it based off a point system and going down the list. They might be waiting to hear back from people before they make more calls down the list or something along those lines. But I really have no idea that is just a guess. But yeah based off the people that have heard back there is no order to it based off name or interview day. 

Just now, HLynne said:

Those have that been called, they did tell you when they needed an answer as to if you would be attending by?

In the offer letter it is indicated that the un-refundable deposit and guarantee (total $1,000) needed to be submitted within 2 weeks from the day receiving the letter.

Just now, DaniPA said:

No, last year's thread has postings on Dec 1st when waitlisted people got notification. :/ Maybe Monday? 

Yeah, I am not sure. It sounds like only Meghan is calling so they may not even be done calling all 60 people yet, that is a lot for one person to do and write up the letters for. 

I interviewed in the AM on 11/16. I was pretty upset about not receiving a call on Wednesday when they started calling and i was convinced I was going to receive a waitlist email but I received my acceptance call yesterday around 10AM! For those who have been accepted does anyone know if there is a FB page yet for our class? 

1 minute ago, HLynne said:

Yeah, I am not sure. It sounds like only Meghan is calling so they may not even be done calling all 60 people yet, that is a lot for one person to do and write up the letters for. 

That is true! I wish there was a way to confirm they were still calling today. I spoke to a first year PA student who asked yesterday about if all the calls were done and they told her no. Fingers still crossed (and toes)!! 

18 hours ago, kmsayre said:

I interviewed in the AM on 11/16. I was pretty upset about not receiving a call on Wednesday when they started calling and i was convinced I was going to receive a waitlist email but I received my acceptance call yesterday around 10AM! For those who have been accepted does anyone know if there is a FB page yet for our class? 

There will be a Facebook page made by the liaison from our class (class of 2019) for the entering class of 2020. They typically make the private Facebook group and then invite you to join it.

Congrats on your acceptance!

MUSC PA Studies Class of 2019

Archived