2017-18 Application Cycle

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!

I am interviewing at MUSC on the 9th. I am also interested in knowing if this interview will be MMI style so if anyone can keep me updated that would be great!

I am from Michigan and the website's information on tuition is a bit confusing. Does anyone know how much in state and out of state tuition costs?

Thanks!

Melanie

10 hours ago, Dharri20 said:

Good luck to those who have an interview today. Post how it goes. And what hotel you used and if you recommend it. 

Hi, I did interview this morning. It was a very nice experience, I really like faculties and students, as well as the school facilities. The interview had several portions but nothing needed to prepare or be nervous, just be yourself, and try to know if this program is what you really want too.

I am from Cleveland so I booked Charleston Harbor Resort &Marina from Priceline, $100 for a queen-bed room, it is located in Mt. Pleasant. I also rented a car, but this hotel have shuttle to downtown hourly until 10pm 7 days a week. 

Good luck!

Hey everyone!
I am interviewing at MUSC on the 9th. I am also interested in knowing if this interview will be MMI style so if anyone can keep me updated that would be great!
I am from Michigan and the website's information on tuition is a bit confusing. Does anyone know how much in state and out of state tuition costs?
Thanks!
Melanie

Hi! How was your interview experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/9/2017 at 11:33 AM, lwalker said:

Any hotel recommendations for us coming in next week? Looking st google maps- I️t doesn’t look like anything is super close tot he School?

Hello, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Spring Street. It was about $115 a night and was 5 minutes from the school. The hotel was very nice and clean, and they had free breakfast! :) 

Any hotel recommendations for us coming in next week? Looking st google maps- I️t doesn’t look like anything is super close tot he School?

Holiday Inn Express "Charleston Downtown Medical Area" on Spring Street. In downtown & very close, you could walk from here if needed, very quick drive in DT, or even take the Jonathan Lucas bus from the McDonald to campus!

Also if you are going to have a car, then the Holiday Inn Express "Riverview" location on Savannah Highway is very convenient also!

So any tips on preparing for the interview, since no details are given about the actual process?

No real preparation needed, I promise! Take deep breaths & try to calm your nerves, you aren't going to be drilled on facts about the school or your prior academic/Work accomplishments. They want to get to know you! The interview process will asses who you are, how you think & how you interact. Make small talk with the other interviewers when you can & ask the current students every question you have! You may be classmates or colleagues with these people :)

Holiday Inn Express "Charleston Downtown Medical Area" on Spring Street. In downtown & very close, you could walk from here if needed, very quick drive in DT, or even take the Jonathan Lucas bus from the McDonald to campus!

Also if you are going to have a car, then the Holiday Inn Express "Riverview" location on Savannah Highway is very convenient also!

Thank you!!!! I booked the medical area HIE! Thanks for the recommendations!!!

So I received a letter from the program (denial but no biggie to me I am accepted somewhere else), but on this letter was another applicants information in red ink crossed out..... truth be told I am not sure how I feel about this as I would not be super excited about someone else getting my information like my address, first and last name, etc on my letter as well.......

Archived