Does anyone know what the point of the supplemental form is? Why is it option? Does it give you a better chance if you fill this out?

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know what the point of the supplemental form is? Why is it option? Does it give you a better chance if you fill this out?

I thought it was required. I did it on July 1st when it opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/21/2017 at 0:54 PM, haleycmaxwell said:

I thought it was required. I did it on July 1st when it opened.

I am referring to the option prerequisite form. I submitted this anyways but I was just curious.

• Upvote 2

I did not do the optional forms. I emailed Meghan Kirwan asking if they had everything they needed from me and she said they did! Those forms weren't optional last application cycle when they didn't use CASPA. 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if MUSC does a GPA adjustment? I have 3.73 in Genetics from Clemson and am wondering if that is too low to be considered.

On 8/8/2017 at 3:27 AM, PAbikerun said:

I just want to verify, you only submitted transcripts through caspa and not directly to MUSC correct?

Hi! I emailed them about this. They said if we already submitted them through CASPA then we are good! 

Has anyone heard anything about interviews yet?

On the supplemental application portal online, it says that everything is turned in except for prereq deficiencies where it still says "being evaluated." I have not gotten an email from them since getting the link for the supplemental application even though I have turned in everything (at least I think everything).

59a48978907db_MUSCsecondary.jpg.e32710bd74d830b0a3d7b5f870ea8a89.jpg

44 minutes ago, kathrynm1883 said:

On the supplemental application portal online, it says that everything is turned in except for prereq deficiencies where it still says "being evaluated." I have not gotten an email from them since getting the link for the supplemental application even though I have turned in everything (at least I think everything).

I emailed them regarding the "being evaluated" and was told everything was received and the application is being reviewed, it just says that because a course is in progress. The transcript just needs to be sent once it's completed. Hope that helps! 

• Upvote 1

Hello! I haven't heard anything yet and I turned my CASPA in at the end of May! To my understanding, they are non-rolling and I don't think they actually truly look at & evaluate applications until their deadline in September. Megan K has been super helpful with emailing back- also I haven't ever had an issue with any faculty taking more than a day to get back to me, they are awesome at corresponding! so I would just email someone and ask about it:)

• Upvote 1

I think last year based on the forum they started sending interviews I'm October! So we hopefully will be hearing soon!

3 minutes ago, clamscantfeel said:

This is the first update I have received since July, when they sent me the link to send the supplemental application:

Capture.thumb.JPG.7d9ba311fe7ba9e7343455c17b0c5cd1.JPG

I just received the same email!

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, acudoctor1 said:

Got my invite this morning as well :) Best of luck to everyone.

44 minutes ago, lipglossandlabcoats said:

Was invited for interview this morning! Good luck everyone!  :)  

Congrats! When did you get an email from LaTonya saying your application was forwarded to the admission committee? 

Interview invite this morning! I look forward to seeing everyone, going on 11/8/17! People who are also going please message me I'm wondering where other people are staying and so forth!

• Upvote 3