2017-2018 Cycle

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, zachschreiber said:

Hey guys new to the whole PA forum, but I got an email today saying that I am currently on the waitlist. Did anyone else get the same? Can anyone shed some light on how many get accepted from waitlist?

Thanks!

I got a similar email. I wonder if it means they've already filled their class. i do believe they're on rolling admissions. 

FromScribetoPA, I dont think that they have filled yet. I looked at previous forums and they have people getting offers all the way up to May. Kind of frustrating, but hey they got in! Also I read that they actually don't "deny" students and they just put them on the waitlist. Who knows how much truth there actually is to that. I hope being waitlisted means what its really supposed to mean, that you're on their radar and not just a wild goose hunt. Best wishes to your future!

I just accepted my seat recently. I interviewed on September 26th (they messed my address up so it took awhile to get the letter and secure my seat). Going by the Facebook group, there are only 10 or 11 seats filled right now. They interview well into February, potentially later. I believe they accept ~36 students. Good luck everyone! 

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in to AB so far! I’m currently a first year PA student (class of 2019) at AB. I figured I’d comment and see if I could answer any questions that you guys had. There are interviews all the way until February and quite a few in my class got pulled off the waitlist, some just days before class started. Good luck to those awaiting acceptance or interview! 

6 minutes ago, Meesh969 said:

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in to AB so far! I’m currently a first year PA student (class of 2019) at AB. I figured I’d comment and see if I could answer any questions that you guys had. There are interviews all the way until February and quite a few in my class got pulled off the waitlist, some just days before class started. Good luck to those awaiting acceptance or interview! 

Hey! I accepted my seat at AB and I am really looking forward to it. However, just wondering how difficult it is to find housing in the area? 

1 minute ago, samanthadickson said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but there was not an application fee for the supplemental? Also, did you get any follow up email after submitting your supplemental?

No application fee, and no I did not recieve any confirmation of submission. I actually contacted Nick Ravagli to make sure he received it because I was paranoid lol

4 minutes ago, abb13 said:

Hey! I accepted my seat at AB and I am really looking forward to it. However, just wondering how difficult it is to find housing in the area? 

Not very difficult actually. I would say about 90% of our class found housing prior to May. The problem is, our class does not start clinicals until August, so from May until August, a lot of students resided on campus in undergrad housing until they could move in. The school is really good about sending out housing opportunities as they recieve them, and Roberta Jacobs is a great contact person for those things. 

3 minutes ago, samanthadickson said:

Did he give you any further information about when they notify students if they are selected for an interview

The information was generic. They interview September through February, and don’t fill the class until then. The invite is in the form of an email. You could be invited for an interview any time in those months. Once you get an interview, they try to make a decision within 2 weeks. Some of my class got accepted the same day, some 1 week later, some 2, some off of the waitlist.

On 10/31/2017 at 8:39 PM, kmart341 said:

I just accepted my seat recently. I interviewed on September 26th (they messed my address up so it took awhile to get the letter and secure my seat). Going by the Facebook group, there are only 10 or 11 seats filled right now. They interview well into February, potentially later. I believe they accept ~36 students. Good luck everyone! 

I also accepted a seat. What is the Facebook group??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just received an interview for January 16th! For those who have interviewed already what is the set up like? It sounded like it was an individual interview with hourly appointments? At other interviews I've been to it was done in a group setting so I am just wondering what to expect! 

Some of you may have insight on this but I was informed yesterday that the Alderson Broaddus University is on probation for accreditation. I don’t know how this will impact the PA program if the university lost its accreditation. The PA program itself is still accredited and is not on probation but the university is on probation.

Here is a link that the HCL( the accrediting body) has made available to the public regarding the university’s accreditation status: 

https://www.hlcommission.org/download/_PublicDisclosureNotices/Alderson Broaddus University PDN 6-2017-1.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived