2017-2018 Application Cycle

56 minutes ago, rubyrosie said:

Great news!! I just received mine too! Completed and now waiting for the phone call! Good luck!!

Awesome!  When did you complete yours? I'm doing mine today. I'm out of the country right now and don't want to miss a phone call. You don't think they're that fast though, right? Just curious about your timeline and how long you've been waiting for a phone call. Thanks!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MLW67 said:

Awesome!  When did you complete yours? I'm doing mine today. I'm out of the country right now and don't want to miss a phone call. You don't think they're that fast though, right? Just curious about your timeline and how long you've been waiting for a phone call. Thanks!!

I did mine today :)  I don't think its same day...probably 3-5 days I'm guessing? Have my phone right next to me---just in case.

Sort of a different question here - I was looking at the past class profile when I saw there were 32 in-state students and only 3 out-state students. Is anyone else applying from out of state / have you heard anything about a preference for in-state students? I interview August 30th and that ratio makes me very nervous going in. Any input appreciated! 

On 8/10/2017 at 3:26 PM, leafosterxo said:

Sort of a different question here - I was looking at the past class profile when I saw there were 32 in-state students and only 3 out-state students. Is anyone else applying from out of state / have you heard anything about a preference for in-state students? I interview August 30th and that ratio makes me very nervous going in. Any input appreciated! 

I'll also be coming in on the 30th from out of state. I don't know how strong their preference is for in state students, but it seems like it can vary a lot from school to school and year to year. Idaho State University has had some years recently with as few as 30% of students coming from in state, whereas University of Washington accepted 80% of its students last year from the region that it serves. My thought is just to plan for the worst and hope for the best - if you aim to perform well enough that you think you could be one of those 3 students that got in last year from out of state, then that's all you can really ask of yourself!

11 minutes ago, Yulik said:

I'm asking if anybody got the congratulations letter? General one I guess, cz it's not specified which program. Just - congratulations on acceptance in CCBC. With student id number

Hi Yulik! Sounds like you're right on track. It's standard for community colleges to send you an acceptance once you have applied. It unfortunately doesn't mean you're accepted to their PA program specifically (yet) but it does mean you're doing the supplemental application right! I received that letter as well, as you should have. Hope this helps! 

Good morning everybody! I just checked the application checker and finally they upload all my docs. Now I'm waiting for them to call for interview. I have a q for those who got the IV already. What time they usually call and what day of the week? I'm at work and do not want to miss it. Thanks a plot and good luck to each and everyone !!!

On 8/17/2017 at 9:19 PM, sidtulmuntaha said:

Hi All,

My interview is on Aug 30th at 10:00am. I have no idea what kind of questions they will ask in the interview. Idk how to prepare for this interview lol.  Any ideas?

I'm wondering the same thing! I've read threads from previous years on this site but I think it's anyone's guess to exactly which questions they will ask. Best of luck to you!

Archived