UTPA 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, futuroPA said:

For those of you who've interviewed already, how long does the interview last? My interview is at 10:30 AM and the email did not specify what time it would be over. I'm just wondering for return flight purposes as I'm coming in from out of state.

Mine was maybe 20 minutes

17 hours ago, futuroPA said:

For those of you who've interviewed already, how long does the interview last? My interview is at 10:30 AM and the email did not specify what time it would be over. I'm just wondering for return flight purposes as I'm coming in from out of state.

Hello, it really depends on your responses. The interviewee before me took about 15 min while I took the full 30 min. I did have longer responses and was accepted. Just be yourself. They are interviewing you and no one knows you better than yourself. Good luck!

On 11/9/2017 at 5:35 PM, futuroPA said:

My interview was at 10:30 as well but I was not called in until about 11am because they were running behind. I was in the interview for about 30-45 minutes, but it really depends just on you and how you answer and if you have any questions for the interviewers. I would also say take some time to walk through the campus a little bit, I took a short tour before the interview. Hope that helps you out a little bit.

Hi everyone! 

Does anyone know what the "Academy for Success" mean on the program's website when it is mentioned as the following?

"Does the program require a security deposit if I get accepted?  Answer: Accepted applicants do not need a security deposit, instead they secure their seat in the program by enrolling in the Academy for Success."

Also since the interview does not include a tour... what have y'all been doing to get a feel of the campus and see the cadaver lab? (Self-conducted tour? lol) And I guess we wont be able to talk to the current students there?  I'll be having my interview on Wednesday so just wondering : ) 

5 hours ago, dannysalvador94 said:

Have any of you called backed to see when they might do acceptance/rejection emails?

I asked when I was interviewed on November 1st and they told me we would supposedly hear back mid to late December or early January. So I don't understand how some people who were interviewed November 1st have already been accepted 

1 hour ago, Calbant said:

I asked when I was interviewed on November 1st and they told me we would supposedly hear back mid to late December or early January. So I don't understand how some people who were interviewed November 1st have already been accepted 

I was thinking the exact same thing! How could some people gotten accepted already:/

2 hours ago, dannysalvador94 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing! How could some people gotten accepted already:/

Yes I was surprised they let me know so early, since they told me that they will notify people towards the end of the semester when I had the interview. Don't give up hope! I am sure the class cohort isn't full yet!.  

7 hours ago, joshg333 said:

Yes I was surprised they let me know so early, since they told me that they will notify people towards the end of the semester when I had the interview. Don't give up hope! I am sure the class cohort isn't full yet!.  

Indeed. Do not lose hope. I Have not gotten an interview invite, but I am sure it is on its way(:

The program is trying to do rolling admissions. Cohort is not full yet. Only a few were selected. 

2 hours ago, physasst3 said:

For those who interviewed already, how many questions did they ask in the interview?

There wasn't really a set number. My interview was very conversational and the questions would come off of what I would say in some cases, it really depends. My best advice would be to know about the profession and the differences between PA and other medical providers. Just speak about what you have done to prepare for this career. This interview was very laid back. I just pretended I was talking to a family member who was curious about the PA position and what I have done to prepare, it made it so much easier! 

Had my interviews yesterday and got a goody bag! (What a pleasant surprise!) 

just wanna advise those who are driving to the interview by themselves. Please plan to arrive campus an hour before your interview to obtain a parking permit for the day at the police department (which costs $1 but you still have to go and get it, unless you find the one kiosk that sells it on campus). Once you get the parking permit the closest parking lots with “visitors parking” are E27-29. I was so glad I got there early enough to park and settle down. You can check the campus map on utrgv website beforehand. Or you could ask the students on campus like what I did lol The students were all very friendly and willing to help.

The interview was very laid back like others have mentioned.. wish they can give us a tour of the program/ cadaver lab and meet the current students though. Anyway, looking forward to getting a call! Stay positive :)) 

Archived