UTPA 2017-2018 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, sbjames6 said:

Good morning future PAs :) I just wanted to see how everyone was doing in their application cycle?! Have we heard any updates from UTRGV? The last communication I received was that my application made it passed the initial review and will be processed further for interview consideration. 

Have a blessed and relaxed weekend! 

Same here. Actually I received that "initial review" email twice. Word is that they are going to accept 80 students this year so they will hold more interviews, meaning they will likely need to start sooner this cycle. I would expect to hear from them soon!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, mohsderm2016 said:

Same here. Actually I received that "initial review" email twice. Word is that they are going to accept 80 students this year so they will hold more interviews, meaning they will likely need to start sooner this cycle. I would expect to hear from them soon!

Patiently waiting ?

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dannysalvador94 said:

Do y’all know how the interview process might be like?

Last year, we had to be on campus by 7:45am, and all interviews were held in one week in January. We were interviewed by 2 faculty members, and at the end of all interviews on each day, we had a group assignment. This time around, interviews are earlier, and on the email invite it said we would only be on campus for the interview at our scheduled time, so that's one difference. Other than that, idk what else may or may not change...

I’ve asked other applicants from previous years and they say that the interview process always changes every year. Some of them had to explain a certain topic on Anatomy &  Physiology while other had to take a short exam. 

*If you all don’t mind me asking, when we’re y'alls Caspa apps verified? I had mine completed on August 3rd and it seems that other that applied way earlier didn’t get an invite 

43 minutes ago, Vane1021 said:

Last year, we had to be on campus by 7:45am, and all interviews were held in one week in January. We were interviewed by 2 faculty members, and at the end of all interviews on each day, we had a group assignment. This time around, interviews are earlier, and on the email invite it said we would only be on campus for the interview at our scheduled time, so that's one difference. Other than that, idk what else may or may not change...

Wish you best of luck! I’ll be driving to Edinburg on Tuesday morning to be ready for my interview the next day:)

6 minutes ago, dannysalvador94 said:

I’ve asked other applicants from previous years and they say that the interview process always changes every year. Some of them had to explain a certain topic on Anatomy &  Physiology while other had to take a short exam. 

*If you all don’t mind me asking, when we’re y'alls Caspa apps verified? I had mine completed on August 3rd and it seems that other that applied way earlier didn’t get an invite 

My CASPA was verified on July 3rd

I saw this on their website. I just wanted to share with ya'll. 

"As shared in my January 19, 2017, letter to the campus community, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) was notified in December 2016, that we were being placed on probation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The probation is for a period of 12 months and will require SACSCOC Board action during its December 2017 meeting. As we previously reported, the specific concerns are related to the complexity of the transition that involved the separation of UTB/TSC, the separate accreditation of TSC, the rename of UTPA, and the closure of UTB once TSC received separate accreditation. It is hard to overstate the complexity of this process."

Archived