Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been accepted as well!! Interviewed 11/1 :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got accepted! 

I received an invite for October 17th 

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Mozilla826 said:

If there are any questions about the program let me know.  I am a current student

I have a few!

How are rotations determined - namely locations? Do we have a say? Do they consider certain circumstances? 

Are each of the classes taken with all 80 students?

Do they help facilitate any guidance towards fellowships throughout the program or after?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mozilla826 said:

We really do not have much say in the order of our rotations, there are sites in brownsville, Harlingen, mcallen, edinburg they are all within a 1 hr drive. Yes, the classes are taken with all 80 students.

Gotcha! Well that's not a problem since they're all fairly local. I was just worried what I would do with my dog if I was sent away to a location several hours away. 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2018 at 9:48 PM, Mozilla826 said:

I know a lot of you haven't heard back yet but don't give up as the faculty and staff are dealing with close to a 150 students right now (current 2nd and 3rd yr). 

I have a quick question.

how many of your classmates were accepted off of the wait list? And how likely is it for wait listed students to get off the waitlist ? 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:37 PM, Mozilla826 said:

If there are any questions about the program let me know.  I am a current student

You mentioned above that the seats are taken...I have not received the "reject" letter. This actually gives a false hope. I rather know now than keep waiting. So my question...Are there any rejection letters that have been sent out?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2018 at 9:55 AM, Morena74 said:

You mentioned above that the seats are taken...I have not received the "reject" letter. This actually gives a false hope. I rather know now than keep waiting. So my question...Are there any rejection letters that have been sent out?

 

Wait, when was this mentioned?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, zoltman said:

Wait, when was this mentioned?

I was probably speed reading, and not reading all of the content. Someone mentioned all 80 seats were taken, so I assumed. On another note, I believe it is still taking too long to send out any kind of notification.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mlescobar said:

Has any one from the alternate list heard back ?

I am not on the alternate list but, I did always wonder how it was possible to have an alternate list when the graduate office and Ms. Mealer replied to my e-mail saying they were still interviewing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All I'm a recent graduate from UTRGV , class of 2017, Just recently passed my boards so officially a PA-C.

I myself was accepted from the alternate, they always have an alternate list even as they haven't closed out the class-- why ? well maybe there is something another applicant had that we possibly didn't. 

So they begin creating a list from individuals they think would be ready to take the spots in case people reject, don't answer, back out etc.

My advise is stay relevant, I would send e-mails, kept shadowing , updating my resume and sending it in. Set up meetings with professors to see what I could do so I would get accepted . I got accepted 1 month before my class began school, 

never lose hope ! 

Be patient though it's still early and like other said their new professors being trained ,classes are expanding , program is growing so department is dealing with a lot but you will hear back even if it is a rejection letter. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest physasst3
13 minutes ago, mhgutierrez02 said:

Hello All I'm a recent graduate from UTRGV , class of 2017, Just recently passed my boards so officially a PA-C.

I myself was accepted from the alternate, they always have an alternate list even as they haven't closed out the class-- why ? well maybe there is something another applicant had that we possibly didn't. 

So they begin creating a list from individuals they think would be ready to take the spots in case people reject, don't answer, back out etc.

My advise is stay relevant, I would send e-mails, kept shadowing , updating my resume and sending it in. Set up meetings with professors to see what I could do so I would get accepted . I got accepted 1 month before my class began school, 

never lose hope ! 

Be patient though it's still early and like other said their new professors being trained ,classes are expanding , program is growing so department is dealing with a lot but you will hear back even if it is a rejection letter. 

What about the people that haven't heard whether they are denied, accepted, or waitlisted? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, physasst3 said:

What about the people that haven't heard whether they are denied, accepted, or waitlisted? 

If you haven't heard from any of the above i would recommend calling or e-mailing to ask where you application process is at by this time they should have made a decision on one of those 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest physasst3
1 minute ago, mhgutierrez02 said:

If you haven't heard from any of the above i would recommend calling or e-mailing to ask where you application process is at by this time they should have made a decision on one of those 3.

I emailed them two weeks ago and they just replied today that they’re still interviewing and reviewing applications.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mhgutierrez02 said:

Hello All I'm a recent graduate from UTRGV , class of 2017, Just recently passed my boards so officially a PA-C.

I myself was accepted from the alternate, they always have an alternate list even as they haven't closed out the class-- why ? well maybe there is something another applicant had that we possibly didn't. 

So they begin creating a list from individuals they think would be ready to take the spots in case people reject, don't answer, back out etc.

My advise is stay relevant, I would send e-mails, kept shadowing , updating my resume and sending it in. Set up meetings with professors to see what I could do so I would get accepted . I got accepted 1 month before my class began school, 

never lose hope ! 

Be patient though it's still early and like other said their new professors being trained ,classes are expanding , program is growing so department is dealing with a lot but you will hear back even if it is a rejection letter. 

Hi there! Congrats on graduating :) we are all so hopeful to be in your shoes soon.

Do you feel like you were well prepared for your boards by utrgv? The pass rates have been up and down and I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mhgutierrez02 said:

Hello All I'm a recent graduate from UTRGV , class of 2017, Just recently passed my boards so officially a PA-C.

I myself was accepted from the alternate, they always have an alternate list even as they haven't closed out the class-- why ? well maybe there is something another applicant had that we possibly didn't. 

So they begin creating a list from individuals they think would be ready to take the spots in case people reject, don't answer, back out etc.

My advise is stay relevant, I would send e-mails, kept shadowing , updating my resume and sending it in. Set up meetings with professors to see what I could do so I would get accepted . I got accepted 1 month before my class began school, 

never lose hope ! 

Be patient though it's still early and like other said their new professors being trained ,classes are expanding , program is growing so department is dealing with a lot but you will hear back even if it is a rejection letter. 

Hi! I have a quick question. I am currently on the waitlist and I’d like to send in some updates. Who do you recommend sending the emails to? Ms. Mealer? Or the email address that sent me the alternate list email?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PAcmdub said:

Hi there! Congrats on graduating :) we are all so hopeful to be in your shoes soon.

Do you feel like you were well prepared for your boards by utrgv? The pass rates have been up and down and I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you :)

Thank you & keep working hard and you will be in my shoes very soon ! 

I loved the university i attended and i do believe i was well trained, for boards and for practicing.

The curriculum is module based something that I really liked , seeing all of cardiology from pathophysiology, anatomy, pharmacology, clinical medicine, patient education vs seeing different organ systems in each class worked for me.

They do a lot on preparing you for boards, such as the multitude of exams that are directly taken from the NCCPA blue print,end of rotation exams by PAEA in your clinical year, PAK RAT and board reviews. So far everyone who has taken it in my class passed , and last years class had a 99 % pass rate on first try. 

Program is getting stronger every year. 

But honestly it comes down to how hard you work and the work you put in, you can attend the best program in the nation but if we don't put in the work and study hard on our own the PANCE will be hard to pass. 

keep your options open, but I always had a passion for the undeserved community in the RGV so going to UTRGV was the perfect match for me. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2018 at 5:37 PM, Mozilla826 said:

If there are any questions about the program let me know.  I am a current student

This might be a bit more difficult to answer as things might change from year to year, but what is the typical breakdown of events from now till the first day of class? In other words, what should we be expecting to hear from the university as far as things we need to do or events we may have to attend before class starts

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More