UTPA 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats!!! To both of you! Would you mind sharing some of your experiences with us? 

Sure!

Second time applicant

First generation student

Cum GPA: 3.4

Science GPA: 3.26

HCE: 12000 working as a registrar in the ED, Psych Unit and UC

PCE: 1700 as an MA

Research experience for 2 Years working with mosquitoes and the ZIKA virus.

I was shocked when I got the acceptance. I was losing all hope. My GPA wasn’t very stellar. So don’t lose hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, evilla17 said:

Sure!

Second time applicant

First generation student

I was shocked when I got the acceptance. I was losing all hope. My GPA wasn’t very stellar. So don’t lose hope!

Congrats!! When did you interview?

1 hour ago, evilla17 said:

Sure!

Second time applicant

First generation student

Congrats! Did you do your research at UTRGV for Zika?

I posted earlier about interviewing Dec 4 and I received an acceptance email this morning! Stats GPA: 3.42 sGPA: 3.2 2,000 volunteer hour experience overseas for red cross, 600 HCE, 400 PCE, scribed for 8 months, as well as multiple leadership positions throughout college. This was my only interview and I was denied by 4 other schools and haven't heard back from 3 yet. Don't lose hope, it really does only take one! I practiced for my interview the day I got the invite and the interviewers noted how prepared I was so I think that's really what helped make me stand out! Good luck to everyone! 

Anyone that was accepted so far feel like they had a less than stellar interview? I feel like mine definitely could have been better. Still playing the waiting game over here. Called to see about an update last week, they told me I had to email the PA office..... I don't expect to hear anything before the holidays at this point but it would sure help to have some news to give everyone over dinner table interrogations.

Guest physasst3
18 minutes ago, kg8868 said:

Anyone that was accepted so far feel like they had a less than stellar interview? I feel like mine definitely could have been better. Still playing the waiting game over here. Called to see about an update last week, they told me I had to email the PA office..... I don't expect to hear anything before the holidays at this point but it would sure help to have some news to give everyone over dinner table interrogations.

Same here. Do you have an idea if there are any seats available?

9 hours ago, kg8868 said:

I definitely felt like my interview could’ve been better cause i was SO nervous at the beginning. I was accepted a couple weeks afterwards so don’t lose hope! 

14 hours ago, futuroPA said:

I got the conditional acceptance yesterday. I'm hoping this doesn't mean there's the possibility of the acceptance being retracted. I interviewed 11/28

I am assuming the conditional acceptance is the email they send to everyone, but mostly applies to those students that are still trying to finish prerequisites or their degree. Therefore if they did not pass the classes needed then they would not be able to start PA School. At least that is my hope. Maybe a background check as well.

Archived