UTPA 2017-2018 Application Cycle

Hello fellow pre-PA students! I have a serious question and would like an honest answer! My friend's daughter has an interview with UTRGV in October. She is under the protection of DACA. Is it wise/safe for her to go really close to the southern border of United States? I hear there is a lot of border control police there, and even though my friend's daughter is under the protection of DACA, I have heard of many unjust stories of people with DACA still getting deported. Or do you guys think it is a safe town and she has no worries? She is really motivated in becoming a PA and wants to take any opportunity she gets! 

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, AspiringPA53 said:

Awww I’m sorry, it had a lollipop, a pamphlet about the program, card holder for your phone, a light, a mouse pad, a pen and like a bookmark about being a certified PA. I’m sure it slipped their mind and they meant to give you one.  Hope you had a great turn out :) 

Thank you,  they were all very nice so I know it must have slipped. And likewise to you,  best of luck :)

31 minutes ago, ac03 said:

Hello! 

To those of you who have already interviewed, were there a lot of students being interviewed?

I know that previously they have done about 80 applicants per day. 

I think they're doing it different this year since it doesn't seem like they're doing all interviews in one week. 

38 minutes ago, ac03 said:

Hello! 

To those of you who have already interviewed, were there a lot of students being interviewed?

To be honest I don’t know, there was different rooms people interviewed in so it was hard to keep up with. I was on campus for one hour before we had our interview but was like 20 mins early for my interview outside the room I was interviewing in so I’m not really sure. We only had to be on campus for the time of our interview and then we were free to leave afterwards. 

1 hour ago, ac03 said:

Hello! 

I was able to see the list and there were 8 listed for both rooms today. I accidently  saw it because they were trying to check what room I was going to be interviewed in.

15 hours ago, ilovepa1993 said:

Hello fellow pre-PA students! I have a serious question and would like an honest answer! My friend's daughter has an interview with UTRGV in October. She is under the protection of DACA. Is it wise/safe for her to go really close to the southern border of United States? I hear there is a lot of border control police there, and even though my friend's daughter is under the protection of DACA, I have heard of many unjust stories of people with DACA still getting deported. Or do you guys think it is a safe town and she has no worries? She is really motivated in becoming a PA and wants to take any opportunity she gets! 

I had to stop at two check points since my hometown has one border patrol station and McAllen one. But that was the only time I actually talked to them I didn’t have any issues with then while in McAllen and UTRGV

2 hours ago, Jgarz355 said:

I applied August 28th, got verified September 18th, and had my interview on October 16.

I submitted last minute on Sept 1. And received an email from UTRGV on Sept 6 and on Sept 8 stating that the first review had been completed. I still have not heard from them. 

Did anyone else get the same email several times?

Archived