UTPA 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, imrmaknojia said:

Hey Vanessa. Any replies from the school?

I received an email a few days after my CASPA was verified stating that my app passed the initial review and my file will be evaluated further by faculty for interview consideration. I also emailed them, and they said they will have early interviews, but idk as to how early. That's all the news I have so far...

4 hours ago, imrmaknojia said:

Yeah I got the same email. But they said they might not respond back till Sept. 

Yeah cuz they don't follow the rolling admissions process. They'll wait til the September 1st deadline passes and then review all applicants at once to determine who will get invited to interview. The only hard part about it all is waiting...

13 minutes ago, Vanessa28 said:

Yeah cuz they don't follow the rolling admissions process. They'll wait til the September 1st deadline passes and then review all applicants at once to determine who will get invited to interview. The only hard part about it all is waiting...

They are having rolling admissions this year 

19 minutes ago, Vane1021 said:

Really? I emailed them and they said they would have early interviews this cycle but weren't following the rolling admissions process...

On the website it says they are going having rolling admissions and have interviews sooner then before. I'm not sure when they will start notifying people for a interview but last year it was January. I'm sure it will be sooner this year 

1 minute ago, joshg333 said:

On the website it says they are going having rolling admissions and have interviews sooner then before. I'm not sure when they will start notifying people for a interview but last year it was January. I'm sure it will be sooner this year 

Ohhh ok I see what you mean because I saw that too, so I emailed them for more clarification. I also don't know about this year, but they said to check our emails frequently because they will be conducting interviews throughout the year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest hcruz496

Anyone else somewhat hesitant due to their first time PANCE pass rate?  I applied because of in-state tuition, but that worries me.  

Without being direct - consider their source of applicants... theirs always a learning curve for the less privileged... As a former newspaper reporter who specialized in education - particularly in that region - I can state for a fact that their are inequities when your parents are not helping you through school in the formative years.  To this I am speaking first hand.  I am over educated probably via obsession, but life was very hard from me as an undergrad, whereas my wife who is an engineer came from a family of doctors who helped her and pushed her.  All of my children went to IVY league schools because of our example.

Long and short, No they probably don't have the ten-day PANCE prep course that SW has, but your study skills should be enough for you to be a success at this stage of the game.  You've made it this far. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I M P O R T A N T    U P D A T E !!!!!

Following is my correspondence with the Grad School i.e., a reply to my application inquiry:

Your application is being reviewed by the program. During this step the Program Director, Mr.Ambriz, is making decisions on who will move on to the next step of the application process, which is the formal interview.

Please note that your application might be under review by the program for a while since interviews do not take place until January or February.

13 minutes ago, allenofthetower said:

I M P O R T A N T    U P D A T E !!!!!

Following is my correspondence with the Grad School i.e., a reply to my application inquiry:

Your application is being reviewed by the program. During this step the Program Director, Mr.Ambriz, is making decisions on who will move on to the next step of the application process, which is the formal interview.

Please note that your application might be under review by the program for a while since interviews do not take place until January or February.

So they will start interviewing early next year? 

Last year, I submitted my CASPA on Aug. 2, I didn't receive a interview invite until Dec. 16 and my interview was scheduled for January 13, 2017. So do not be alarmed if you don't hear anything from them until the end of this year. It's worth the wait, especially if you already have other interviews scheduled during these months. If you don't, the wait gives you plenty of time to prepare!

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning future PAs :) I just wanted to see how everyone was doing in their application cycle?! Have we heard any updates from UTRGV? The last communication I received was that my application made it passed the initial review and will be processed further for interview consideration. 

Have a blessed and relaxed weekend! 

Archived