UTPA 2017-2018 Application Cycle

13 minutes ago, mohsderm2016 said:

If they are still interviewing in Jan, which they are, then that means your latter assumption is correct. I don't think they're interviewing for waitlist spots. Per current student classes start again on Jan 16th so faculty may still be on break.

Hoping for the best! Hopefully they'll send more acceptances when they get back Jan 16th.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/10/2018 at 9:59 PM, rebsli17 said:

Does anyone know when’s the first day of class in the fall? 

The UTRGV academic calendars indicates August 27th as the first day of class for the Fall of 2018. However, the PA program has a 2 week program called Academy for Success that students must complete before the start of the fall semester. I wouldn’t know the dates for that though, sorry

On 1/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, emilyyx said:

The Facebook group link is this: https://m.facebook.com/groups/2134031133550806

You have to request to join. :)

I’m going to be giving up my seat in the class since I’ve been accepted elsewhere. I hope this helps someone out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done and thank you! 

Was there any particular edge that your intended program had over UTRGV? Just curious :)

1 hour ago, PAcmdub said:

This is going to sound so creepy but another person was added to the fb group. I know not everyone views the forum so there must be some movement somewhere, you think? 

I feel the bulk of applicants view the forums, however. Could be a student that found out about the group after he/she already got accepted.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, zoltman said:

Does anyone have an idea of when they might send out another wave of acceptances? Anyone in contact with faculty?

I know they still have open spots and another wave of acceptances is pending.

I am still trying to figure out how a short interview would do for acceptance. How fair is that? My interview was briefly for about 12min. I have not received a rejection email quite yet, but waiting on it. Or I am not sure, I made the staff (Physician) giggle...

20 minutes ago, Morena74 said:

I am still trying to figure out how a short interview would do for acceptance. How fair is that? My interview was briefly for about 12min. I have not received a rejection email quite yet, but waiting on it. Or I am not sure, I made the staff (Physician) giggle...

Lol it was very hard to gauge how they went. I had another interview at another school and it was an ENTIRELY different experience.

Mine started with me saying I graduated From The University of Texas and...

"Get out," she interjected. 

Then we talked about A&M and UT for like 2 minutes. Had a mini-panic attack. I thought she was seriously kicking me out of the interview.

5 minutes ago, zoltman said:

Lol it was very hard to gauge how they went. I had another interview at another school and it was an ENTIRELY different experience.

Then we talked about A&M and UT for like 2 minutes. Had a mini-panic attack. I thought she was seriously kicking me out of the interview.

I think we may have had the same lady interviewing us. We joked about A&M football for a bit and how they keep breaking our hearts lol

I agree it was very hard to judge but another school I thought it went great with ended up wait listing me. Not sure what to expect anymore.

5 minutes ago, kg8868 said:

I think we may have had the same lady interviewing us. We joked about A&M football for a bit and how they keep breaking our hearts lol

I agree it was very hard to judge but another school I thought it went great with ended up wait listing me. Not sure what to expect anymore.

One of the staff interviewers was very nice, the other was difficult to break a smile, which I did.

But honestly, 15-30 min interviews is not enough to rush through the interview. At least I can say I feel privileged to have had one of the interviews. So, best of luck to everyone

15 minutes ago, zoltman said:

Lol...just waiting to hear back. Too many qualified applicants. I am glad I was one of their choices to interview, but anxiously waiting to start the process all over again.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, zoltman said:

Does anyone have an idea of when they might send out another wave of acceptances? Anyone in contact with faculty?

I know they still have open spots and another wave of acceptances is pending.

Do you know how many more open spots there are?

2 minutes ago, PAcmdub said:

I feel like she told me they were doing 300 interviews for 80 spots. Is it possible that they've done 300 interviews??

It's possible but I somehow doubt it. The day I went, it was only me and one other girl before me that were around for an interview. Kinda hard to believe they've cranked through 300 already.

32 minutes ago, kg8868 said:

It's possible but I somehow doubt it. The day I went, it was only me and one other girl before me that were around for an interview. Kinda hard to believe they've cranked through 300 already.

I was informed by a guy at one of my other interviews who interviewed at UTRGV that they conduct multiple interviews at the same time, but in different rooms with different faculty, so it is possible that they've done 300 interviews if that's actually the case.

Archived