UTPA 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, aa6423 said:

I just got my acceptance email!!!!!! I interviewed on October 16th and was super depressed when people started getting their acceptances earlier this month and I hadn't heard back. Don't lose hope guys!!!!!

I also interviewed October 16 but nothing yet:(

5 minutes ago, AspiringPA53 said:

Anyone else notice all who have been accepted have been from October 16th and November 1st interview dates? Has anyone been accepted that interviewed on other dates besides these two dates? 

I was interviewed on November 1st and haven't heard anything 

I interviewed on Nov 14 and received an acceptance email yesterday Nov 20. 

For those who have yet to be interviewed, there’s no need to stress or be nervous.  Like others have mentioned, the interview is very laid back with 2 faculty members.  My interview was very short...about 10 minutes.

A few of the questions I was asked: Describe the relationship between a PA and a physician.  Tell me about yourself.  Pros and cons of the PA profession. Why do you want to be a PA? What other schools did you apply to? Do you have any questions for us?   

Good luck everyone! 

Interviewed the 15th and still waiting! Checking my email probably 30+ times a day lol.

Seems strange that applicants that interviewed mid October are still waiting while applicants who interviewed mid November are hearing back several days afterwards.

I suppose they organize applicants into tiers - 'really want', 'want', 'kinda want', 'meh', 'bloop'. As more spots fill up they pull from different tiers. 

Anyway, best of luck to everyone!

56 minutes ago, BooRoo said:

I think those of us who have already interviewed are all anxiously waiting. I have great stats and have yet to hear anything since interviewing on the 16th of October. 

Either way. I hope everyone enjoys the holiday with friends and family!! 

Yeah my interview was almost an hour long, and it was held on the 16th of October. I've yet to hear anything from the program. Placing your fate in the hands of someone else is incredibly difficult.

On 11/21/2017 at 3:11 PM, AspiringPA53 said:

I’m sorry I just meant that those who have been accepted stated they interviewed on either October 16th or November 1st. I went back and looked at all the posts and was wondering if anyone has been accepted from other dates than those two. 

I knew what you meant. I was just stating that not everybody who interviewed on those 2 dates have heard back

On 11/6/2017 at 8:49 AM, mgomez said:

I sent that email right away. Just haven't heard anything back since they probably will not see the email until Monday (today).

Did you ever hear anything back? I sent my acceptance response but no reply.. I realize there is nothing for them to say back but some acknowledgement would put me at ease lol

On November 24, 2017 at 9:14 AM, johnqsample1 said:

Did you ever hear anything back? I sent my acceptance response but no reply.. I realize there is nothing for them to say back but some acknowledgement would put me at ease lol

Yes I sent my reply Saturday morning and did get a reply on Monday morning, I am sure they are not working on the weekends so I would not expect a reply until Monday, especially with the holiday weekend. All they replied was "congratulations." I have not heard anything since November 7th. 

Archived