2017-2018 Cycle MSU

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
would anyone who got interviews mind posting their stats? I haven't heard anything and I'm having a mild existential crisis about it :/ 

Sure thing:
sGPA 3.75
GRE: v158, q156, 4.0
HCE 3500 hrs
Shadowing 100 hrs
Volunteering 1300 hrs, both medical and non-medical

We've all got our own stories and strengths...keep your chin up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/6/2017 at 9:29 PM, kabergs17 said:

would anyone who got interviews mind posting their stats? I haven't heard anything and I'm having a mild existential crisis about it :/ 

Hi all - Best of luck. I have an interview for September 21st/22nd

23, second time applicant, located in AZ, submitted: 5/1/17, GRE: v155 q145 w4.0, GPA: 3.45, health care hours: ~8,000hr (scribe and MA), volunteer: 200hr (heath and other).

Don't loose hope, if I can do it anyone can!

How have your interviews been for those who have had theirs already?

Pretty laid back. I thought it was great that they did a two-day event, because we got to know them (and other applicants) a little better. They did a great job of giving comprehensive information, and included some general thoughts for applying and attending PA school (whether we decide to go there or not). They really made me feel like they "care," as cliche as that sounds. Be happy you're going at a later date-- you won't have to wait as long for a decision!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! I received a call from Cynthia yesterday afternoon regarding an acceptance! Seems like they have a pretty quick turn around for extending offers since I know the last group to interview was Friday. I will be attending another program a bit closer to home so best of luck to everyone that will attend MSU!!! :)

Congrats to you both? I haven't but gotten a call and I'm am slowly losing my mind. What time of the day should we expect a call from MSU?

Try to distract yourself if you can. I know the feeling!! I got the call around 2c yesterday. Cynthia specifically told me to share that people shouldn't freak out as they will be calling throughout the week. It's still very early!

@pencej001 Cynthia mentioned the same thing to me, that they will be making calls throughout the week. Just wanted to post to make sure everyone is aware they have at least started the process. I received the call about the same time at @GirlTKD did! And she is right, it is still very early; they just finished interviews on Friday. Keep yourself busy, but I know the waiting game is torture! Best of luck to you! :)

Congratulations to those who have already been accepted! I had my interview last Friday and I'm going crazy waiting for a phone call. I know it was mentioned above that Cynthia said they'd be placing calls throughout the week, however, Missouri State has their fall break tomorrow and Friday. So I'm wondering if they plan on placing all of their calls by the end of today.

For those still in suspense... I just talked to Cynthia and Leanne and they said that all of their acceptances have been called.  They did not call their alternate list.  They'll be mailing their alternates and rejections this week (hopefully) so everyone should know by early next week.  

Archived