Applying for January 2018 start date

20 minutes ago, lmack1213 said:

For women that have already interviewed: would you say that a dress was appropriate for the first day of interviews? Obviously nothing too short, I'm just concerned for that heat on the tour.

I don't think anyone was in a dress except for one woman. I wore business ankle length pants and a sleevess professional looking top. Others either wore that or a pencil skirt and cute top. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/20/2017 at 5:18 PM, Path2PA said:

I don't think anyone was in a dress except for one woman. I wore business ankle length pants and a sleevess professional looking top. Others either wore that or a pencil skirt and cute top. 

Thank you so much! And congrats on the acceptance!!

Last year I was interviewed in the very first group, some time around mid to late June. I recently spoke with someone at South and they said that they were still reviewing applications and that they had over 900 applications they were trying to get through!

Hope this helps!

Overall GPA: 3.5

Science GPA: 3.5

GRE: 306 ( V: 151, Q: 155, A: 4.0 )

HCE: 2,300 hours as CNA

Shadowing: 75 hours between 5 PAs, 60 hours between 5 MDs and DOs

Volunteer: around 400 hours

Undergrad Research: 300 hours

Application verified on 5/15 and interviewed on 6/28

I was accepted!

8 minutes ago, lipglossandlabcoats said:

Does anyone know if South considers GPA over GRE? Or how important the GRE is to South? 

I think if you make up for it somewhere else you'll be fine. I saw someone earlier this cycle get an interview with a 284 I think it was

On 7/29/2017 at 11:55 AM, Path2PA said:

Anyone already accepted know about the FB group? Should we go ahead and make one or wait for a member of the class before us to do it? 

I think Ms. Morris said we should expect a link to join a few weeks after acceptance. Maybe they are waiting for a few more interview cycles and acceptances? I'm anxious to 'meet' the others.

On 6/13/2017 at 11:55 AM, JD2012 said:

From speaking with South last year that won't be in time.  They told me all outstanding pre-reqs should be done before August.

I received an interview invite today, and I still have 1 or 2 prereqs remaining.  I won't graduate until December 15th, and that is when I will have A/P II and Biochem completed!

11 hours ago, PAapplicant said:

I received an interview invite today, and I still have 1 or 2 prereqs remaining.  I won't graduate until December 15th, and that is when I will have A/P II and Biochem completed!

Wow, I was told last year they wanted them done before August, at the Tampa campus.

Archived