Applying for January 2018 start date

12 minutes ago, imt709 said:

Anyone heard back recently? This time last year I had heard back within a month.  Today marks a month since they received my application.  I had an interview last year, but ultimately didn't get in, so I'm really hoping this year will work out.  Nervous I haven't heard anything yet!

I haven't heard back either and mine was in about a month ago too. I tried to contact to inquire about my application and she just said still under review. I applied to South in Tampa as well and some people heard back within a week, while it took me over a month to hear back. I also have seen people get immediate rejections so I think no news is good news. Hopefully! 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kgermann said:

What time did you receive the call that you were accepted? I know they mentioned some would find out on Monday as well. Congrats to you guys, my fingers are still crossed! 

I received the call around 3 eastern time!

4 minutes ago, cwtucker said:

Last year when I got waitlisted, they sent the email on Friday (same day they called those who got accepted). I know that's not much help but maybe no news is good news!!

I was thinking that since the waitlist/ denial email is pretty much a generic email they would have done most of those today and then maybe not as much time to do all the calls, maybe it's just wishful thinking though. 

1 hour ago, jellingson0830 said:

I was thinking that since the waitlist/ denial email is pretty much a generic email they would have done most of those today and then maybe not as much time to do all the calls, maybe it's just wishful thinking though. 

I hope so.  

CONGRATS to all those who have been accepted, I am sure a lot of weight has been lifted off your shoulders! Do you guys mind sharing your stats for those of us who are still in limbo?Also, the general set up for the interview? I am sure many of us would appreciate it. 

Hi Everyone,

I am curious if South looks at you as a whole?  I submitted my application, but did not realize CASPA accounts for every grade.  I ended up with a BCP of 2.69, post bac 2.93 science GPA, and an overall science of 2.69.  I did not do well in my undergraduate studies because I was really sick all the time.  Fast forward about a decade+ and I was finally diagnosed with Celiac disease.  I went back to school and now my post bac GPA is a 3.5, with almost all science courses.  I have over 11,000 hours in outpatient physical therapy rehab as a tech and front office manager.  I am also setting up my shadowing hours for Summer and Fall.  I would love to know how much they compare the CASPA calculations to your actual current GPA? Any thoughts? TYIA

4 minutes ago, JanessaD said:

Hi Everyone,

I am curious if South looks at you as a whole?  I submitted my application, but did not realize CASPA accounts for every grade.  I ended up with a BCP of 2.69, post bac 2.93 science GPA, and an overall science of 2.69.  I did not do well in my undergraduate studies because I was really sick all the time.  Fast forward about a decade+ and I was finally diagnosed with Celiac disease.  I went back to school and now my post bac GPA is a 3.5, with almost all science courses.  I have over 11,000 hours in outpatient physical therapy rehab as a tech and front office manager.  I am also setting up my shadowing hours for Summer and Fall.  I would love to know how much they compare the CASPA calculations to your actual current GPA? Any thoughts? TYIA

You have to meet their min requirements of BCP gpa of 3.0 and overall cum of 3.0. I don't think they make exceptions.

21 minutes ago, ilygurlie said:

You have to meet their min requirements of BCP gpa of 3.0 and overall cum of 3.0. I don't think they make exceptions.

Thank you.  That is what I was worried about.  I think my only option is to apply more schools that do not use CASPA or take another year of sciences.  Ironically, I was just invited to join my post bac college honors program.  Perhaps I should see if it is worth it to get a second BS at this point.

Archived