Derm offer after nightmare job

Hi,

If you guys remember two weeks ago I was let go from this horrible position I was trying to leave anyway. I don't want to make the same mistake twice. So, if you could please help me it would be most appreciated.

Experience: 6 months surgery

Term: 1 year contract Dermatology

Compensation: 85,000 for 3 months( training) 100k thereafter.

Here's the tricky part. 4% of gross profits less the previous years gross profit. That bonus will be paid over the next calendar year. This is only for the first year.

Hours/ call: 36+hours overtime as required ( no means of compensation specified for overtime)

Benefits:

malpractice, no tail.

401k - you will be able to participate in retirement plan. Subjected to eligibility provisions.

Medical benefits under provision of the plan as generally provided to practice employees.

Vacation

2weeks

1week sick/personal days

1week CME $1000

Non compete 10 miles 2 years. 90 days notice to leave or to be let go.

85k for 3 months of training or proportional to a yearly bonus, e.g., 21k?

Is the bonus broken down quarterly? If not, it sounds like you'll need to complete the second year to find out the yearly gross profit for comparison, and then this will be dispersed over the third year. If so, that bonus structure sucks. Or am I just misunderstanding it?

What happens after that?

Salary means no overtime pay.

401k match, vesting period?

I would say decent salary depending on the location, but overall, the offer is just OK...

85k for 3 months of training or proportional to a yearly bonus, e.g., 21k?

Is the bonus broken down quarterly? If not, it sounds like you'll need to complete the second year to find out the yearly gross profit for comparison, and then this will be dispersed over the third year. If so, that bonus structure sucks. Or am I just misunderstanding it?

What happens after that?

Salary means no overtime pay.

401k match, vesting period?.

I would say decent salary depending on the location, but overall, the offer is just OK...

85k proportional to a years salary.

Doesn't say what happens after the year with the bonus. The bonus pay is dispursed over the next year doesn't specify when.

I should also mention that the practice has 4 other providers.

It's very vague, when we spoke on the phone, I was told I will be eligible after a year For 401k.

Negotiate down the non-compete. Standard (coming from an attorney friend who does this all day) is 1 year. Also get the overtime specified. I don't think you'd get paid extra because you're salaried, but make sure you're not *technically* hourly or they legally have to pay you for that time. I had my nightmare job try to tell me I had to work past 40 hours but they wouldn't be paying me for it and I was like OH HELL NO. You switch me to salaried if that's happening. I had way worse offers that I turned down.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived