3 hours ago, Valeried95 said:

Nice to meet you! We’ll be in the same class together! I haven’t received my acceptance package in the mail yet but I looked online and we’ll hear more from NSU On Feb 19th. Here’s the link to the FB to be added, it’s only for accepted students. Look forward to meeting you! 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/724503797731525

Hey its nice to meet you as well. I actually am part of the group already, Just didn't want to be that person asking tons of questions haha. Thank you for the information!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CWang81987 said:

I interviewed Feb 5, haven’t heard anything yet. Any word on how many have been accepted/waitlisted so far?

I would call Judy and ask about your status. When I interviewed mid january I was told I would hear something back in 2-3 weeks. 3 weeks passed and nothing so I called her and she told me i was waitlisted. I would call because I have yet to receive any email saying i was waitlisted or anything, it's better than just stressing yourself out sitting around waiting 

On 2/14/2018 at 7:40 PM, yanietsosa said:

I would call Judy and ask about your status. When I interviewed mid january I was told I would hear something back in 2-3 weeks. 3 weeks passed and nothing so I called her and she told me i was waitlisted. I would call because I have yet to receive any email saying i was waitlisted or anything, it's better than just stressing yourself out sitting around waiting 

I called and I’m on the “accept hold” list which is waitlist I assume. Does anyone know the likelihood of being pulled off this list/ if we can find out what spot we have on the waitlist?

So I got accepted a little while back and school has been kicking my butt lately.

I got a little lazy in the beginning because of the acceptance, and I know that really all I have to do is just pass the semester and I'm golden, but for some reason I can't seem to accept that haha. It just feels wrong. I have to do 7 credits of upper level chem courses so I did Biochem and Analytical chem w/ lab and mannnnn there's so much stuff that I forgot about. It kinda sucks because I'm spending most of my time studying for these courses and then school begins like 2 weeks after the semester ends. Does anybody know if there's any biochem or chem in general in the PA curriculum? Doesn't really seem like it to me. I'm conflicted. Biochem is really hard and my goal is to at least get a B, but I'd like A's in my remaining courses. Can anyone give some advice on what you'd do in my situation? Should I study less and try to have more fun? 

Submitting another post since I have two different questions.

I've never had a facebook and got a link to our group today by the current class president. I feel like I should make a fb to join the group, and I'll do that.

My main concern is living situation... I have no idea and have not even started looking for places to live. Does anyone know how much it would cost to live near the area? Since we're going to be student loan rich I'm kind of considering no roommates, however if it's too much then I'd possibly like a roommate that's also in the program (or at least in a graduate program)

On 2/23/2018 at 9:36 AM, rearly said:

Interviewed Thursday 2/15 and unfortunately received a rejection letter in the mail the following Tuesday. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and I wish you all luck in your future endeavors. 

Hey rearly, sorry to hear that you were rejected. Just wanted to say that i was in that exact same position a year ago and it was one of the hardest things to deal with. Yet it made me work harder than ever for this cycle and I now have been accepted to multiple programs. I don't know if you are still waiting to hear back from more schools or not but my point is to never give up and keep working to improve. With that mindset you will be successful! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to however dropped their seat at Ft Myers for Ft Lauderdale!

I was accepted to Ft Lauderdale, but waitlisted at Ft Myers. 

My parents live near Ft Myers so that's why I really wanted it. Now two new people get to go to Ft Lauderdale and I get to go to my top pick :)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived