• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 6:01 PM, mayre29 said:

I'm just waiting to finish the 2 classes in July and to retake the GRE (they said that my math score is low even though everything else is fine and I have a 3.7 cumulative and science GPA) as the admissions office told me to finish this in order to be considered for an interview. :( 

May I ask what your math score was? and which program was it that said this to you? I applied to Ft. Lauderdale with an overall score of 312 but my math was a 152 which is 47th percentile ):

1 minute ago, Namelessrd said:

May I ask what your math score was? and which program was it that said this to you? I applied to Ft. Lauderdale with an overall score of 312 but my math was a 152 which is 47th percentile ):

I think you're okay.  The average accepted is 50th percentile in all so 47th percentile shouldnt be bad.\

A buddy of mine on the other hand had a 298, with everything under a 50th percentile, and his writing was a 2.5.  He had a 3.8 GPA and he was told to retake the GRE.

I have a 309 GRE, Q - 45th V-80th 4.0 writing and have an interview at Ft. Laud.

4 minutes ago, JD2012 said:

I think you're okay.  The average accepted is 50th percentile in all so 47th percentile shouldnt be bad.\

A buddy of mine on the other hand had a 298, with everything under a 50th percentile, and his writing was a 2.5.  He had a 3.8 GPA and he was told to retake the GRE.

I have a 309 GRE, Q - 45th V-80th 4.0 writing and have an interview at Ft. Laud.

What are your direct care hours? I recall you saying you had a sub 3.4 GPA and I have a similar GRE as yours, but I haven't heard back yet so just curious to compare all of our stats! 

1 minute ago, JD2012 said:

Whew okay thank you! Our score distribution is very similar and when I saw that my math score was 47th but everything else was higher than I expected, I got too nervous to retake it because I didn't want to risk lowering Verbal or Writing. Anyways thanks and Congrats on your interview!!

I think that the previous posts about in-progress prerequisites are definitely true. I have two courses in progress right now (to be finished in mid august) and so far from Ft. Lauderdale I have received a phone call asking me to date my supplemental app because I signed but did not date my application. Then another phone call notifying me that my application is complete and under review. Then about 2.5 week later I received an email from an admissions counselor asking me for my grades for these summer classes. She said I could just email her what grades I got and she didn't even need a transcript or anything. I had to tell her that they wouldn't be finished until august. And I haven't heard anything since.

1 hour ago, Acap said:

What are your direct care hours? I recall you saying you had a sub 3.4 GPA and I have a similar GRE as yours, but I haven't heard back yet so just curious to compare all of our stats! 

3700 hours as PT Aide.  

60 Hours as volunteer patient-doctor Spanish interpreter at Free Clinic.  

200 hours plus Volunteer Mountain Bike trail maintenance and Mountain Bike Patrol

240 hours shadowing General Surgery PA   

3.2 scGPA 3.22 cGPA

11 minutes ago, JD2012 said:

3700 hours as PT Aide.  

60 Hours as volunteer patient-doctor Spanish interpreter at Free Clinic.  

200 hours plus Volunteer Mountain Bike trail maintenance and Mountain Bike Patrol

240 hours shadowing General Surgery PA   

3.2 scGPA 3.22 cGPA

Thank you!

23 hours ago, KBAB said:

Does anyone know if this program places an emphasis on an ability to speak Spanish or other foreign language?

I don't think at this campus.  But I can tell you it's probably a big help for FIU's program since their focus is molding its students to treat South Florida's diverse population.

Saw this on their website: 

Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and a minimum science GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale at the time of application in order for your application to be considered. Successful applicants in the past have typically had both cumulative and science GPAs of 3.4 or higher, GRE score (verbal, quantitative, and analytical) in the 40th percentile or higher in each of the three categories, and letters of recommendation from individuals with which the applicant has had a professional working relationship in a healthcare field. Greater consideration will be given to applicants with prior patient-contact experience.

So you don't necessarily need a 3.4 sGPA...

On 6/14/2017 at 7:11 PM, JD2012 said:

I've heard this from others that have applied as well.  One was even told to look for another career, and that same applicant is now only 6 months away from graduating as a PA. *shrugs*

Do you know if all the Nova campuses only consider applicants with above a 3.4 science GPA or is it just Fort Lauderdale?

Guest nolefan1851

Offered an interview today. My CASPA was verified on June 20th and supplemental was received on July 12th. I chose the interview on October 5th

Archived