Does everyone have their science pre reqs completed? I just found out that ALL need to be completed in order for them to review your application. I'm missing a genetics class and medical terminology. I just thought they were like other schools where you can have a class or two in progress.....

Wait, what? I'm looking at their website right now and it says "The College requires applicants to earn a grade of C (2.0) or better in each of the following required courses (science prerequisites must be completed by the end of the fall semester prior to matriculation" 

This statement is making me think that we should still be considered if we have an outstanding class. I will have my genetics course finished by the end of the fall semester of this year. 

Also, seriously to them not even reviewing your application if you have under a 3.4 for your sGPA? That will be such a disappointment if that's true. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, what? I'm looking at their website right now and it says "The College requires applicants to earn a grade of C (2.0) or better in each of the following required courses (science prerequisites must be completed by the end of the fall semester prior to matriculation"

This statement is making me think that we should still be considered if we have an outstanding class. I will have my genetics course finished by the end of the fall semester of this year.

Also, seriously to them not even reviewing your application if you have under a 3.4 for your sGPA? That will be such a disappointment if that's true.

They will still consider you but you won't be offered an interview until after the course is completed. My friend last year got a call a week after he finished his last prereq and sent in the grades, which was in December. If you read the forums for this specific campus for the last few years they say the class is usually filled by then so it's basically an interview for the waitlist

Received an email yesterday that I have been awarded an interview at NSU Ft. Lauderdale. Interviews are not until October and I will be receiving another email in August to select my interview date.

when did you get everything in? I submitted my supplemental on the 2nd and got a call that my app had moved to review a few days after. Wondering if not receiving that email means I won't be getting an interview

when did you get everything in? I submitted my supplemental on the 2nd and got a call that my app had moved to review a few days after. Wondering if not receiving that email means I won't be getting an interview

I was under the impression that we will not be hearing back until August/September for interview invites so I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I think he who already got an invite may be an exception. I know him and we've talked about why we think he may have been offered an interview so early. Emails I got from Jax, Orlando, and Ft Myers all said they will not be sending invites out prior to Sep 1. Would assume Ft Lauderdale is the same.

I've heard this from others that have applied as well.  One was even told to look for another career, and that same applicant is now only 6 months away from graduating as a PA. *shrugs*

Wow that's super harsh.  I'm in a similar boat, got all these harsh comments from them about my stats......yet got offered an interview by another school which happens to be one of the top in the nation. 

I'm just waiting to finish the 2 classes in July and to retake the GRE (they said that my math score is low even though everything else is fine and I have a 3.7 cumulative and science GPA) as the admissions office told me to finish this in order to be considered for an interview. :( 

Did any of you guys get an email confirmation that everything was received or being reviewed? I applied to jax campus and got an email from them but I also got a call from 954-262-7300 that my application was submitted and being passed to review but wasn't sure what campus this was?

Did any of you guys get an email confirmation that everything was received or being reviewed? I applied to jax campus and got an email from them but I also got a call from 954-262-7300 that my application was submitted and being passed to review but wasn't sure what campus this was?

That is a Ft. Lauderdale area code.

Archived