Application Cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a phone call from Kandee on 2/1, I was pulled off the alternate and offered admission! Putting in my deposit this week and so excited to be making the move (From Texas) to Jacksonville! Good luck to everyone still applying/interviewing/waiting! Don't give up hope, there is still time!

I am heading down to Jacksonville next month to look for an apartment and I am not familiar with the area. I have been looking in southpoint as they have the best monthly rent prices but I wanted to know if that’s a good and safe area? Also, if anybody has any recommendations of apartments to look at or areas to look at that would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

10 hours ago, hannahleigh1223 said:

I am heading down to Jacksonville next month to look for an apartment and I am not familiar with the area. I have been looking in southpoint as they have the best monthly rent prices but I wanted to know if that’s a good and safe area? Also, if anybody has any recommendations of apartments to look at or areas to look at that would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Hey! I will be starting at Nova- Jacksonville this May as well. I am actually from Jax and live in Thornton Park Apartments about 8 minutes from NOVA, which I really love. I would say the closer you can stay to the Town Center and school the better, but it can also be more expensive. It is hard to generalize areas but I will message you and maybe we could meet up when you are in town! 

On 2/13/2018 at 9:44 AM, hannahleigh1223 said:

I am also in need of finding an apartment and am unfamiliar with the area (I am coming from Dallas)! If you hear of any great recommendations, would you mind letting me know as well? I am also hoping to find another NSU student or two who may be looking for a roommate(s) to not only help lower rental costs, but to act as accountability/study partners throughout PA school as well! I am hoping the meet and greet will help with this! Anyone in the same boat that might be interested?

21 hours ago, maddycm said:

I am also in need of finding an apartment and am unfamiliar with the area (I am coming from Dallas)! If you hear of any great recommendations, would you mind letting me know as well? I am also hoping to find another NSU student or two who may be looking for a roommate(s) to not only help lower rental costs, but to act as accountability/study partners throughout PA school as well! I am hoping the meet and greet will help with this! Anyone in the same boat that might be interested?

I will definitely let you know if I find something! I’m not looking for a roommate personally as I’m moving with my boyfriend, however, I would love to be near/in the same complex as other students for the same reason so also let me know where you guys end up! 

I plan on doing my best to come to the meet and greet, I will be out of town the first week of April but I look forward to meeting the other classmates and hopefully getting some friends/study group partners since I know nobody in the area lol

20 hours ago, apatel12 said:

Hi guys! Sadly still waiting to hear back, last I heard was just before New Years that my application was in review with the committee. How long was the usual wait for everyone one? I applied for the fl. campus.

I applied back in May, I was super anxious about getting my applications in obnoxiously early lol. I heard back for interviews from both the Jax and ft Lauderdale locations on the same day in August/September and interviewed the same week in October, I heard back later that same month about being accepted to Jax (yay!) and not accepted to ft Lauderdale. 

However, I did apply to other school later in the cycle (I was getting paranoid about not getting in after my first interview followed by multiple interview denials) and applied to more schools who I heard back from still months later so you should be hearing back soon. Actually, our deadline to pay out second deposit is the 15th (today) so by next week the committee will have a pretty good idea of how many seats they need to fill after it passes! Best of luck to you and let us know what happens!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 7:21 AM, hannahleigh1223 said:

I applied back in May, I was super anxious about getting my applications in obnoxiously early lol. I heard back for interviews from both the Jax and ft Lauderdale locations on the same day in August/September and interviewed the same week in October, I heard back later that same month about being accepted to Jax (yay!) and not accepted to ft Lauderdale. 

However, I did apply to other school later in the cycle (I was getting paranoid about not getting in after my first interview followed by multiple interview denials) and applied to more schools who I heard back from still months later so you should be hearing back soon. Actually, our deadline to pay out second deposit is the 15th (today) so by next week the committee will have a pretty good idea of how many seats they need to fill after it passes! Best of luck to you and let us know what happens!

So....it’s been 2+ week since and no call or email. Should I give them a call or just give up on the hope and prepare for reapplying? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi NSU Jacksonville students. I was recently accepted from the waitlist and will be joining the class in the Summer. 

Im wondering if anyone has already created a facebook group for incoming students 2018-2020?
Is there a way to correspond with other students in order to communicate possible living situations, advice for out-of-state transfers, and more?

10 hours ago, victornbooty16 said:

Hi NSU Jacksonville students. I was recently accepted from the waitlist and will be joining the class in the Summer. 

Im wondering if anyone has already created a facebook group for incoming students 2018-2020?
Is there a way to correspond with other students in order to communicate possible living situations, advice for out-of-state transfers, and more?

I'll send you a link in a PM. Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just recieved a last minute inerview for next week. Does anyone have any tips or know how many spots are available for the class?Thank you!

Congratulations! WOW,  there must be more seats that came open!  I got invited from the wait list on Monday!  Sent my deposit today!  I am now a SHARK! 

1 hour ago, jasonspedden90 said:

So I just received an invitation to interview about a week ago and am interviewing May 3rd!!! Any one have a guess to why they are interviewing me so late?

I interview then as well! I think they have 2-3 spots left. People probably changed their minds last minute!

Archived