boli

2017 Application Cycle

Interview invite for Nov. 9th, so excited!! I'll be flying in from AZ. Anyone local know some good (and by good I mean cheap) hotels near the school?? I've never been to Utah it looks amazing:) Hope to see some of you there

27 minutes ago, kaiser214 said:

I will be with y'all flying in from Texas!

I'll be flying in on Wed. Nov. 8th. around 5pm. Let me know if anyone is interested in carpooling or meeting up to have dinner. See y'all there!

3 hours ago, kaiser214 said:

Hi have you attended any interviews with them? I was wondering what to expect and how to prepare for that exam. This is my first interview very nervous about it. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I have not interviewed there. I was waitlisted for interview last year and again this year. Hoping that some folks will be declining interviews and I get one of the waitlist.

Nice!! Congrats everyone who got invites!! I'm interviewing the 10th coming from Florida. 

Does anyone know how many total invites they are extending to interview? I tried looking online but I couldn't find anywhere that had a specific number of how many people they interview. 

I received an invitation to interview November 9th as well, this is my first time interviewing! Im flying in from Alaska and am soooo excited. 

Got an interview invite today.  Might reject it cause I got into a program that starts in January that I have my mind set on.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when committees discuss my application. I thought I had a good chance with Utah but I didn't even get wait listed for the interview this round. I have an interview for another program in two weeks so I know i'm at least qualified to some schools. It could be that more applicants apply to locations such as these? 

Either way, good luck to all of you with interviews!! 

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when committees discuss my application. I thought I had a good chance with Utah but I didn't even get wait listed for the interview this round. I have an interview for another program in two weeks so I know i'm at least qualified to some schools. It could be that more applicants apply to locations such as these? 
Either way, good luck to all of you with interviews!! 

I have heard from a lot of students at Utah that the selection process is very very "unique" there. For lack of a better word. I'm kinda in the same boat. Good luck with the other interview!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received and accepted invitation for the 11/9 interview yesterday afternoon. To be real, I'd written this school off almost completely after flubbing the supplemental (ran out of time mid response). Extremely stoked to land in SLC next month! Cheers.

• Upvote 3

On 10/2/2017 at 1:33 PM, psych2PA said:

Rejected. This school was a long shot for me but it was my top choice. I wonder if they're the type to give feedback on what I could improve on? 

Yes they are. Doris is willing to review your application with you, but I would suggest waiting until Jan/Feb as she wont have time to do so until then generally.

• Upvote 2

I will be interviewing on November 17th, I have an extra room if anyone needs a place to stay or would like to carpool/meet up the night before send me a message. Good luck everyone!

• Upvote 1

Congrats to everyone that received an interview invite. It took me two times before making it in, so please don't get too discouraged if you were rejected. Try to get more clinical/shadowing hours and take a couple of classes and you will be golden.  I will be at the evening socials of the 10th and 16th. I look forward to meeting some of you.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, milesHenson1 said:

Invited to the 11/16 interview. Pretty excited, will be driving from Colorado.

I'm coming from CO as well and will be there on the 16th. I look forward to meeting you!

• Upvote 1

So I spoke with Doris and she said they were interviewing roughly 160 for the 60 positions, for those of you as curious as I was :)

• Upvote 2

So I spoke with Doris and she said they were interviewing roughly 160 for the 60 positions, for those of you as curious as I was :)

Thank you!! I was actually super curious!

On 10/2/2017 at 11:45 PM, kmash said:

Got an interview invite today.  Might reject it cause I got into a program that starts in January that I have my mind set on.

Did you reject the interview?

Just got an interview invite for 11/16! I’m shocked because I didn’t think it’d happen. If you’re on the waitlist keep your fingers crossed. 

• Upvote 2