2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you interviewing over the next two weeks, here are some things to keep in mind. You are qualified to be in this program, so keep that in mind. I know that thought kept me more calm during interviews. At the UoU, they really are just trying to get to know you and see if you fit the mission of this program. The faculty and staff that does the interviewing are really great people and they aren't out to get you or trick you. Also, keep in mind- there are no perfect answers. Just answer from within yourself, truthfully and with passion. When I interviewed, I ultimately didn't think about being accepted. I just knew I was stoked to be at that point, among so many amazing candidates who all had the same goal in mind. If you aren't accepted, there are many other programs and if you're set on the U, there is always next year. Best of luck to everyone! Come with a smile and be excited to have made it this far. Don't let the fear control you!

22 hours ago, SOCM02-09 said:

For those of you interviewing over the next two weeks, here are some things to keep in mind. You are qualified to be in this program, so keep that in mind. I know that thought kept me more calm during interviews. At the UoU, they really are just trying to get to know you and see if you fit the mission of this program. The faculty and staff that does the interviewing are really great people and they aren't out to get you or trick you. Also, keep in mind- there are no perfect answers. Just answer from within yourself, truthfully and with passion. When I interviewed, I ultimately didn't think about being accepted. I just knew I was stoked to be at that point, among so many amazing candidates who all had the same goal in mind. If you aren't accepted, there are many other programs and if you're set on the U, there is always next year. Best of luck to everyone! Come with a smile and be excited to have made it this far. Don't let the fear control you!

Thank you so much for the reassurance. Would you be able to offer any advise on preparing for the A&P exam that we have to take? 

On 11/4/2017 at 11:14 AM, SOCM02-09 said:

Thank you for the encouragement. Hope to meet you next week.

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone and I will meet some of you tomorrow. Really hoping this program is a good fit (and vice versa). Also psyched they're gonna have coffee in the morning, meaning I might actually be more than just a reanimated corpse by the time interviews start!

Flying in from New Mexico on the 16th for an interview on the 17th if anyone wants to meet up for dinner or something. 

Stats: 

Overall GPA: 3.82

Math and Science GPA: 3.9

Bachelors of Science in Radiologic Technology

Pt care Experience: 6,500 hrs X-ray/ CT Tech. 

fwmalaj@gmail.com 

I was scheduled to interview at UPAP on November 17th, however I just received an acceptance from my dream PA program, so I have canceled my interview at UPAP, so that another alternate may benefit from my vacancy. I hope that my cancelation opens up a spot for another to interview!

Wishing you all the best during interviews, and for those already accepted - cheers to an exciting new chapter!

Regarding the social from 5-7, are we invited to bring significant others with us? My fiancé is flying in with me from California to check out the area (never been to salt lake), so I’m curious what the norm is for this “social” event! Anyone who has interviewed here already, please weigh in :)

For those of you who have interiewed already, How have they gone? Anything surprising? Also, from the rough draft schedule that was sent out, it looks like we will be doing a lot of waiting for our turn to interview. Is that correct? Or are you participating in something the majority of the time? 

10 hours ago, ShannonRN said:

Regarding the social from 5-7, are we invited to bring significant others with us? My fiancé is flying in with me from California to check out the area (never been to salt lake), so I’m curious what the norm is for this “social” event! Anyone who has interviewed here already, please weigh in :)

Your spouse is more than welcome!

I interviewed on Friday 11/10. For anyone that interviewed that day I would love to connect! It was so nice to meet you all.

(I don't know how to reply directly to a comment haha) but from this comment- " For those of you who have interviewed already, How have they gone? Anything surprising? Also, from the rough draft schedule that was sent out, it looks like we will be doing a lot of waiting for our turn to interview. Is that correct? Or are you participating in something the majority of the time? "

- Everyone's schedule was a little different. The day went like this for me: Introductions with the staff, the exam, one interview, lunch, second interview, then group interview. I was there from about 7:30am-3:30pm. Some didn't start their last interview by the time I left. When we were waiting, we were all in a room. We just sat and got to know each other. It was fun! The other candidates were awesome! I have no idea how they will pick between people. My fingers are crossed!! My first interview was rough (probably due to nerves) but my second and group went really well. Good luck for those of you interviewing today and tomorrow!!! :) 

I agree with Audrief, and I want to add that both the students and faculty were very friendly and welcoming to the candidates. We were socializing between breaks. During the PM student Q and A, some of the candidates brought significant others and there were plenty of seats. Ladies, remember to bring a pair of comfortable shoes with you for the walk.

I interviewed on NOV9.

Archived