2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kaiser214 said:

Hi have you attended any interviews with them? I was wondering what to expect and how to prepare for that exam. This is my first interview very nervous about it. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I have not interviewed there. I was waitlisted for interview last year and again this year. Hoping that some folks will be declining interviews and I get one of the waitlist.

Nice!! Congrats everyone who got invites!! I'm interviewing the 10th coming from Florida. 

Does anyone know how many total invites they are extending to interview? I tried looking online but I couldn't find anywhere that had a specific number of how many people they interview. 

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when committees discuss my application. I thought I had a good chance with Utah but I didn't even get wait listed for the interview this round. I have an interview for another program in two weeks so I know i'm at least qualified to some schools. It could be that more applicants apply to locations such as these? 

Either way, good luck to all of you with interviews!! 

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when committees discuss my application. I thought I had a good chance with Utah but I didn't even get wait listed for the interview this round. I have an interview for another program in two weeks so I know i'm at least qualified to some schools. It could be that more applicants apply to locations such as these? 
Either way, good luck to all of you with interviews!! 

I have heard from a lot of students at Utah that the selection process is very very "unique" there. For lack of a better word. I'm kinda in the same boat. Good luck with the other interview!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/2/2017 at 1:33 PM, psych2PA said:

Rejected. This school was a long shot for me but it was my top choice. I wonder if they're the type to give feedback on what I could improve on? 

Yes they are. Doris is willing to review your application with you, but I would suggest waiting until Jan/Feb as she wont have time to do so until then generally.

Congrats to everyone that received an interview invite. It took me two times before making it in, so please don't get too discouraged if you were rejected. Try to get more clinical/shadowing hours and take a couple of classes and you will be golden.  I will be at the evening socials of the 10th and 16th. I look forward to meeting some of you.

Archived