2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had emailed the program asking what they had planned for those of us who have not heard anything and they said they conduct rolling admissions until may 2018 and that they had a very large applicant pool this year. They also said they plan on sending out an email very soon - but they replied to me over a week ago now.

I also haven't heard anything yet either. I emailed Augsburg on 11/3 asking for an updated timeline of interviews etc. and they replied that they would conduct rolling admissions until May 2018 but that most applicants would be notified of their status by 1/1/18. 

Finally an update! Just got an email today:

"Thank you for your application to Augsburg PA Program. 

We are in the final stages of reviewing applications and as of now, our incoming class is full.  As you are aware, we receive significantly more applications than we have seats to offer, creating an enormous challenge for our Admissions Committee in making final decisions.  If any seats open up we may hold a third interview round in the spring- we will let you know through CASPA.

We thank you again for your interest in our program. 

Best wishes to you in pursuit of your PA education!

Sincerely,

Augsburg College PA Program"

open?upn=KLGsxCNcKcn4s-2BvAXwEt21AfNPbXAYup. Oh well. More waiting it is. I won't be holding my breath though. Good luck to everyone else if seats open up. 

25 minutes ago, NightWarrior said:

Finally an update! Just got an email today:

"Thank you for your application to Augsburg PA Program. 

We are in the final stages of reviewing applications and as of now, our incoming class is full.  As you are aware, we receive significantly more applications than we have seats to offer, creating an enormous challenge for our Admissions Committee in making final decisions.  If any seats open up we may hold a third interview round in the spring- we will let you know through CASPA.

We thank you again for your interest in our program. 

Best wishes to you in pursuit of your PA education!

Sincerely,

Augsburg College PA Program"

open?upn=KLGsxCNcKcn4s-2BvAXwEt21AfNPbXAYup. Oh well. More waiting it is. I won't be holding my breath though. Good luck to everyone else if seats open up. 

I got this email too. Does this mean we are on the waiting list or we have been rejected. I got the polite rejection vibe because it didn't say waitlist.

31 minutes ago, Qbee80 said:

What did your email say? Was it different from the one above?

This is what my email said:

Thank you so much for recently attending Candidate Interview Day on Saturday, November 4th, 2017.  We are grateful for the opportunity to have met each and every one of you and so appreciate you taking the time to tour campus and meet with faculty, staff and current PA students while you were here.

As you are aware, we receive significantly more applications than we have seats to offer, creating an enormous challenge for our Admissions Committee in making final decisions.

We would like to offer you a position on our official Alternate List.  In the event that a candidate who has been offered a seat in our program declines that seat for any reason, we would then contact candidates listed on the Alternate List.

Please confirm by sending an email by Friday, December 1st, if you would like to keep an active spot on this list. We will then will send you updates on your status.

• 1 month later...

I am a recent graduate of the program and just dropped in because I am currently mentoring a college senior who wanted to apply this fall, so I wanted to see where things were at. For those of you anxiously awaiting to hear more from the program I have two things in response to what I've read on this thread-

1) The person who said 81 total in the program was correct that that was based on all cohorts. My class (graduating 2017) had 27 people in it and i believe the first years have somewhere between 30-32.

2) If you're on the waitlist.. there really is still hope. I interviewed in the first round and didn't get accepted until the last week of March. I know the wait is absolutely horrible, but don't give up hope yet.

3 hours ago, EMPA18 said:

I am a recent graduate of the program and just dropped in because I am currently mentoring a college senior who wanted to apply this fall, so I wanted to see where things were at. For those of you anxiously awaiting to hear more from the program I have two things in response to what I've read on this thread-

1) The person who said 81 total in the program was correct that that was based on all cohorts. My class (graduating 2017) had 27 people in it and i believe the first years have somewhere between 30-32.

2) If you're on the waitlist.. there really is still hope. I interviewed in the first round and didn't get accepted until the last week of March. I know the wait is absolutely horrible, but don't give up hope yet.

Thanks for your words of encouragement! Congrats on your success!

Archived