2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kelzie said:

I just received an email with an invitation to interview on the 29th =)

17 minutes ago, madjjensen said:

I also have an interview for the 29th! Very excited :)

How long ago were the invites sent out? Is there only 1 interview date? Do you mind sharing your stats?

7 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

How long ago were the invites sent out? Is there only 1 interview date? Do you mind sharing your stats?

The invite was sent out about 2 hours ago, they only stated the one date. 

Stats:

3.90 cgpa, 3.92 science gpa

gre: 161 verbal, 160 quant, 3.5 aw

~250 hrs phlebotomy

~5000 hours of clinical laboratory work (about 2000 was as a student)

~80 hours personal care assistant for an  autistic teenager

3 minutes ago, brandonhughey said:

I haven't received anything yet :( 

cGPA: 3.94 sGPA: 3.97    3500 Hours CNA

Didn't need to submit GRE, right?

No, GRE was not required. Couldn't remember if it was...since I self reported it to CASPA, it still showed up lb my app to Augsburg

20 minutes ago, FuturePAStudent01 said:

I submitted my verified caspa and supplemental on 8/1. I have not heard anything from the program since ( no confirmation email) should I contact the school? It seems like people received a confirmation email.

My CASPA was verified on 7/18 and they didn't send me a confirmation letter either. I did get the email everyone was mentioning, the one reminding you to submit your supplemental if you haven't already. But, when I emailed paprog@augsburg.edu to ask questions, I got a reply the same day. I suggest you contacting them if you're concerned about your application status.

53 minutes ago, PABJ4 said:

My CASPA was verified on 7/18 and they didn't send me a confirmation letter either. I did get the email everyone was mentioning, the one reminding you to submit your supplemental if you haven't already. But, when I emailed paprog@augsburg.edu to ask questions, I got a reply the same day. I suggest you contacting them if you're concerned about your application status.

Did you hear back about interviews yesterday?

Congratulations Kelzi, Madjjensen and Brandon both impressive stats as well.  I submitted my application in early June have not heard anything.  I'm very much a non traditional student.  My stats seem good but with over 250 college credits moving the GPA up is very difficult as well as pricey.

GPA 3.2

BCP GPA 3.3

Last 60 upper division credits 3.78 GPA

HCA 16,000 Paramedic, rural and Urban, predominantly serving the undeserved.

260 Hours Shadowing

480 hours volunteering at a food shelf 

500 + hours teaching Government Doctors, Pa's & Np's emergency airway techniques and mass casualty management

1,000 + hours teaching medical students ACLS, Simulation and procedural Cadaver lab 

300+ hours Volunteer clinical Emergency Medicine Research

Published author on prehospital airway management

A whole host of continuing education,certifications & grant writing.

With these schools receiving so many applications screening is difficult so your high GPA is something I would trade for my experience.  Best of luck everyone and I will kept all updated. 

On 9/4/2017 at 9:54 PM, kettle said:

Congratulations Kelzi, Madjjensen and Brandon both impressive stats as well.  I submitted my application in early June have not heard anything.  I'm very much a non traditional student.  My stats seem good but with over 250 college credits moving the GPA up is very difficult as well as pricey.

GPA 3.2

BCP GPA 3.3

Last 60 upper division credits 3.78 GPA

HCA 16,000 Paramedic, rural and Urban, predominantly serving the undeserved.

260 Hours Shadowing

480 hours volunteering at a food shelf 

500 + hours teaching Government Doctors, Pa's & Np's emergency airway techniques and mass casualty management

1,000 + hours teaching medical students ACLS, Simulation and procedural Cadaver lab 

300+ hours Volunteer clinical Emergency Medicine Research

Published author on prehospital airway management

A whole host of continuing education,certifications & grant writing.

With these schools receiving so many applications screening is difficult so your high GPA is something I would trade for my experience.  Best of luck everyone and I will kept all updated. 

Hi Kettle, 

I am in a similar position as you just not nearly as much experience. I am also a non traditional student as well with about 180 credit hours of coursework. This application will be my second time applying. I interviewed at 1 school two years prior and was rejected. 

GPA 3.28

BCP GPA 3.18

GRE: 149 Verbal reasoning, 157 Quantitative reasoning, 2.5 analytical writing

Last 60 upper division credits 3.4

HCA ~4,000 hours Paramedic, Urban, predominantly serving the medically underserved.

200 Hours Shadowing

2000 hours volunteering at my youth group mentoring, teaching martial arts, lead Lion and Dragon Dancing group. 

I've applied to ~20 different schools this year with the bulk changes to my personal statement and have received 4 interview invites so far. Having great GPA will help your app, but these schools will love the experience and diversity you can bring to the cohort/class.  Keep your head high and we will make it! Best of luck to you. 

12 hours ago, Banhnem4 said:

Hi Kettle, 

I am in a similar position as you just not nearly as much experience. I am also a non traditional student as well with about 180 credit hours of coursework. This application will be my second time applying. I interviewed at 1 school two years prior and was rejected. 

GPA 3.28

BCP GPA 3.18

GRE: 149 Verbal reasoning, 157 Quantitative reasoning, 2.5 analytical writing

Last 60 upper division credits 3.4

HCA ~4,000 hours Paramedic, Urban, predominantly serving the medically underserved.

200 Hours Shadowing

2000 hours volunteering at my youth group mentoring, teaching martial arts, lead Lion and Dragon Dancing group. 

I've applied to ~20 different schools this year with the bulk changes to my personal statement and have received 4 interview invites so far. Having great GPA will help your app, but these schools will love the experience and diversity you can bring to the cohort/class.  Keep your head high and we will make it! Best of luck to you. 

When did you submit your CASPA ?

Archived