2017-2018 Philadelphia University

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/2/2017 at 9:33 PM, Abelle said:

Congrats on your acceptance!!! I’m a little worried since I was at the 10/19 interview too (2 PM group) and haven’t heard back yet. Could you please tell me which group you were in?

Hi! I was in the 8am session. Have you heard anything back yet? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 11:02 PM, domday said:

I submitted my application the end of July and just received a rejection email this afternoon. Anyone know if this also counts as a rejection for Thomas Jefferson University's PA program? I know the 2 schools are starting to merge together. 

At my interview they addressed this. Despite the same name, the two programs are very different (separate faculty, different courses, different clinicals, etc). Most notably probably the original TJ is not accredited and PhilaU/new TJ is accredited. Basically the only thing that changed is the name of PhilaU, super confusing. In short, your rejection from PhilaU will have nothing to do with TJ center city campus, only East falls an AC campus. 

On 12/19/2017 at 7:33 AM, Jkramer742 said:

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students page for those attending the EAST FALLS campus?

I have been looking for one as well. I thought I remember hearing something about a facebook page but I may be wrong about that. 

On 10/30/2017 at 11:45 AM, Cbrutts said:

Do any of the current students or recently accepted applicants know if anything has changed about philaU’s program since being acquired by TJU? I know the change is still new but am hoping to see if there’s any confirmed changes.   Please feel free to message me or reply here thank you!

Hey so I do not know much about this - I only know what I was told at my interview and in newsletters since accepting my spot at east falls. My understanding is that there is essentially no change at all in the PhilaU program. PhilaU and the original TJ (center city) have completely separate faculty and curriculum and this will not be changing. The change has nothing to do with the PA programs themselves, its the universities as a whole that are merging and it just happens that both have separate PA programs. Sounds like they may start to merge the two eventually but this is not in the near future, definitely not for this cohort anyway. I was told explicitly "the only difference for the class of 2020 will be the name of the university of the diploma when we graduate." Hope that helps!!

[mention=141674]BreaH[/mention]

[mention=136657]

JKramer742[/mention]

There will be a group of us, who just interviewed last week, were told we will find out admissions decisions Friday at the latest as the faculty wanted to have it done before the holidays. I don't know if this includes those outside of last week's interview as I've seen a couple people post on here that they have not heard anything since their interviews.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, BreaH said:

At my interview they addressed this. Despite the same name, the two programs are very different (separate faculty, different courses, different clinicals, etc). Most notably probably the original TJ is not accredited and PhilaU/new TJ is accredited. Basically the only thing that changed is the name of PhilaU, super confusing. In short, your rejection from PhilaU will have nothing to do with TJ center city campus, only East falls an AC campus. 

Good to know, thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 11:57 AM, BreaH said:

Really late post - but I accepted my seat for the East Falls campus a few months ago. I am just so curious about meeting/learning more about my future classmates. Has anyone heard word about a facebook page being created or anything like that?

I saw in the newsletter that they sent in an email a while back that the program director will send us a Facebook invitation at the beginning of the year (so around now!). Hope this helps. 

On 1/3/2018 at 1:29 PM, gb_atc said:

Not a peep... I left a message last week as I wasn't sure if they'd be in. Hopefully we hear some good news before Friday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Have you heard anything since you called? 

Archived