4 hours ago, PennState_PA_Program said:

Hi everyone - Penn State's Director of Admissions here...

I can assure everyone who is still in the process or planning to apply that we happily accept and review applications through our deadlines in January. We host many Candidate Interview Days between August 2017 and February 2018, so you are most welcome to submit knowing that at Penn State we will not fill its class to capacity in advance of our deadlines and that your file will be reviewed fully by Penn State. You MUST submit your FREE secondary application for this to happen-->>and the secondary application will only be sent to you when we receive your verified-CASPA application. 

As of this morning, are only about 1/3 full and that's with interviewing since early August. I understand it is a long process for you as applicants but it is a very intentional and deliberate file review and interview process for us as faculty and staff as well. 

I hope this information has proven helpful to those who are still considering applying. 

Best wishes, 

Caryn Stopper
Penn State PA Program

Thank you for the clarification! Looking forward to hearing from your program! 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/27/2017 at 10:58 AM, PennState_PA_Program said:

Hi everyone - Penn State's Director of Admissions here...

I can assure everyone who is still in the process or planning to apply that we happily accept and review applications through our deadlines in January. We host many Candidate Interview Days between August 2017 and February 2018, so you are most welcome to submit knowing that at Penn State we will not fill its class to capacity in advance of our deadlines and that your file will be reviewed fully by Penn State. You MUST submit your FREE secondary application for this to happen-->>and the secondary application will only be sent to you when we receive your verified-CASPA application. 

As of this morning, are only about 1/3 full and that's with interviewing since early August. I understand it is a long process for you as applicants but it is a very intentional and deliberate file review and interview process for us as faculty and staff as well. 

I hope this information has proven helpful to those who are still considering applying. 

Best wishes, 

Caryn Stopper
Penn State PA Program

Thank you very much for this information. With this honest approach to the admissions process I decided to submit my CASPA last Friday and am expecting the secondary in 1-3 business days. Have heard awesome things about the PSU program.

40 minutes ago, Nwalsh2494 said:

hello @PennState_PA_Program

What is the average time to hear back from the program after submitting your supplemental application?

Hi Nwalsh2494 - it varies and there is not a set length of time. I do wish I had a more accurate answer for you and others but this is the nature of our admissions process. Some candidates may not learn their status until the end of the cycle, some may learn earlier.

If your Penn State admissions application/file is complete, then expect that your file remains under full and active consideration until notified by the program. 

Sincerely,

Caryn Stopper
Director of Admissions

1 hour ago, tktktk said:

Fingers crossed! Did you get a call today? Has anyone else heard back from October?

I actually got my answer just a few days after my interview. I was accepted to another program and Penn was nice enough to get back to me before my deposit deadline for the other program. I received my official wait list letter in mid October. Just a little late posting!

On 11/7/2017 at 6:15 PM, Serenityslain said:

@Huskylover congrats on the acceptance! I'm always so excited to hear from more students being added to the class :)

When the class is closer to being filled (usually sometime in January), everyone who has been (and will continue to be) accepted will be invited to join a closed group on a social networking platform.  That way the Class of 2020 will be able to connect officially and securely.  Congrats to all who are getting the good news!

-Sue

Hi all! 

I just skimmed through this entire chain since May 30th - picked up a few tricks of the trade! Thanks for the insightful posts! I am going for my interview on Friday! I am wildly excited at the thought, don't know how I will get to sleep on Thursday. I cannot wait for Friday!

All the best,

Brian

7 hours ago, BrittLundy said:

Hi everyone,

Anyone hear back about their application recently, perhaps this month? I still have yet to hear anything back as a late applicant. 

Thanks all <3

Hi,

I'm in the same position. Having submitted my secondary app earlier this month but still haven't heard anything back not even a confirmation that it was received. But reading through this thread has given me a piece of mind that they are still accepting apps. 

2 hours ago, sosofia10 said:

Hi,

I'm in the same position. Having submitted my secondary app earlier this month but still haven't heard anything back not even a confirmation that it was received. But reading through this thread has given me a piece of mind that they are still accepting apps. 

sosofia10 - Please contact our program directly so we can look into this further. We send confirmation emails almost daily to candidates once they successfully submit the secondary application to our program. 

Caryn Stopper
Director of Admissions

16 hours ago, BPelli said:

Hi all! 

I just skimmed through this entire chain since May 30th - picked up a few tricks of the trade! Thanks for the insightful posts! I am going for my interview on Friday! I am wildly excited at the thought, don't know how I will get to sleep on Thursday. I cannot wait for Friday!

All the best,

Brian

You're going to do great! I know people have said it before but I will just reiterate that the staff are all so friendly and kind, they sincerely want to get to know you not only as an applicant but as a whole person. Its so cliche, but be yourself and have confidence going in there! Good luck tomorrow, even though you won't need it :) 

On 12/2/2017 at 2:07 PM, HLynne said:

Has anyone that applied earlier in the application cycling still not heard anything? I applied early July and received conformation that everything was received but have not heard back.

I applied early July as well and have not heard anything. I know people are receiving interviews etc, but with the deadline being in March id still stay positive and patient! (Although way harder said than done lol). Best of luck!! 

On 12/2/2017 at 4:07 PM, PAtobe33 said:

I applied early July as well and have not heard anything. I know people are receiving interviews etc, but with the March deadline id still stay positive and patient! (Although way harder said than done lol). Best of luck!! 

For clarification, application deadlines are in January and most interviews are completed by the end of February.  Please refer to our program website for details.  And while most, but not all, decisions for admission are made by March, appplicants’ plans change up until the first day of classes and people have been selected off the waitlist as late as the second day of orientation.  (I was accepted off the waitlist just 2 days before the start day).  Once interviews have concluded, however, and the class is filled, the waitlist is utilized for any openings which occur thereafter.  Hope this helps.

Best,

Sue, PA-C, Class of 2017

Archived