2017-18 Cycle

On 11/20/2017 at 2:10 PM, Massilu814 said:

I haven't heard anything either.

Did your letter indicate your in the top 3?

It did. I'm just wondering how likely it will be that the top three get in. It's a very tricky (and expensive) deposit game to secure a seat elsewhere, while holding out hope to get accepted off the waitlist at CU!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Arwen13 said:

It did. I'm just wondering how likely it will be that the top three get in. It's a very tricky (and expensive) deposit game to secure a seat elsewhere, but also holding out hope to get accepted off the waitlist at CU!

I'm in the top 3 too! My letter last year gave no indication of where I was on the waitlist, so I'm much happier knowing where I stand. The first year student that did our tour said that quite a few made it off the list last year. The two second year students I spoke with were called off the waitlist, one after about a month and another in March. Also, I believe Kay said that in past years the top 3-5 have made it in. So I think we have a pretty good shot at making it into the class, but yes, it is beyond nerve racking! 

3 minutes ago, Massilu814 said:

I'm in the top 3 too! My letter last year gave no indication of where I was on the waitlist, so I'm much happier knowing where I stand. The first year student that did our tour said that quite a few made it off the list last year. The two second year students I spoke with were called off the waitlist, one after about a month and another in March. Also, I believe Kay said that in past years the top 3-5 have made it in. So I think we have a pretty good shot at making it into the class, but yes, it is beyond nerve racking! 

Congratulations!! And thank you for the info, that's very encouraging! Hopefully we will both be congratulating each other again sooner rather than later! 

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:46 PM, emcavz said:

do you guys know of anyone ever applying without health care experience? would they have any chance of getting in? 

That is an interesting question. The CHAPA program is one that doesn't require any HCE. If you look at the admissions statistics people typically have some experience. I think this is more due to how people learn about the profession, typically through working in healthcare than anything else. Having said that talking with people in my interview group there was a significant number of people that were more or less straight out of undergrad and had limited experience.

Long story short I wouldn't say that having no experience necessarily precludes you from being considered for an interview. It is probably worthwhile trying to get some experience to make sure that this is the field that is right for you though.

Archived