2017-18 Cycle

2 hours ago, jessica242 said:

For those that received interviews, do you mind me asking when yall submitted your CASPA/Supplemental applications and your stats? Also, congrats! 

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.65

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.77

GRE: V 161 Q 156 W 4.5

Healthcare experience: 1000+ hrs as a CNA at a nursing home, 100 hours as a patient care tech in the ICU of a hospital

Volunteered for a couple years at the food bank

40 hours shadowing a PA

Submitted both applications 5/30

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, ethaner63 said:

Good job getting it in so early Ifenio! I ended up having to wait quite a bit to figure out LoR stuff on CASPA. You must have been on point getting your references to complete your letters. 

Thank you! I applied last year and was super late on getting stuff in and didn't end up getting any interviews. This year I used my paid time off to take a week off from work and got it done haha. Best of luck to you!

On July 25, 2017 at 10:51 AM, lfenio said:

Thank you! I applied last year and was super late on getting stuff in and didn't end up getting any interviews. This year I used my paid time off to take a week off from work and got it done haha. Best of luck to you!

When did you apply last year?? What is considered late? I am planning on submitting my stuff tonight. Do you think that is too late? Also Congrats!

8 hours ago, TheRunningSloth said:

When did you apply last year?? What is considered late? I am planning on submitting my stuff tonight. Do you think that is too late? Also Congrats!

I applied around the beginning of august, but I also only had a little over 100 hours at that point so it was a combination of things. If youve got a strong application I'd say go for it!

2 hours ago, jessica242 said:

Congrats! When did you submit your CASPA app and supplemental? 

Thank you! I submitted CASPA on 5/12 and supplemental on 5/22. Last year I submitted everything mid-June and still got an interview invite, but it was for the last day of interviews. It's pretty much impossible to gauge how they decide who/when they invite candidates. People applied wwaaayyy after me last year and were interviewed before me.

Submitted May 5th, received an interview invite for 9/29 this morning. Incredibly excited/nervous!!

Stats: 

CGPA: 3.61

SGPA: 3.14

2500 hours as a medical scribe in derm, pediatrics, and currently oncology

255 volunteer hours

260 PCE hours

MD shadow 70 hours

PA shadow 58 hours

LOR from 2 MDs and 1 PA

Hey! So I just recently typed my essays and then I checked the "ready for review" box and I proofread my essays after I copied and pasted them to the box. When I clicked submit there was a bunch of weird symbols in my essay that I went back and deleted. I clicked the submit button again and they aren't there anymore. Is CU going to get the essay with the weird symbols or are they going to receive the updated version? 

21 hours ago, TheRunningSloth said:

Hey! So I just recently typed my essays and then I checked the "ready for review" box and I proofread my essays after I copied and pasted them to the box. When I clicked submit there was a bunch of weird symbols in my essay that I went back and deleted. I clicked the submit button again and they aren't there anymore. Is CU going to get the essay with the weird symbols or are they going to receive the updated version? 

That happened to me as well. I went back to fix the symbols and submitted my app after that. The school should be receiving the version without symbols

On 8/4/2017 at 10:52 PM, Alfrid said:

Can someone honestly tell me if there's still any point in submitting right now? Or am I just wasting time and money?

GPA 3.3 :/ 

I have gone to CUs open house multiple times and the biggest thing they drill into you is to Apply early. They are rolling admissions and their spots for interviews and admitted students fill up fast. They even mentioned that people applying late (right before their deadline) are probably not going to going to get granted an interview. They also said that there's less likely to be open seats when they have interviews at later dates. 

Did anyone else submit early but hasn't received an invitation yet? I'm starting to get really nervous. I submitted CASPA on May 2nd and received a confirmation that my secondary was received on May 17th. I applied last year and interviewed but did not get in. This is by far my top choice school. Also, does anyone know of someone who was a reapplicant and got in here?

Stats:

CGPA: 3.98

SGPA: 4.0

3000+ hours as a phlebotomist in a hospital (one of my app improvements, only had about 1000 last time)

51 volunteer hours in a homeless shelter over the winter (this was the main thing I did to improve my app, had almost none)

15 volunteer hours at health fairs

Shadowing MDs/PAs 100  hours

LOR from 2 MDs, my Lab Director, my direct supervisor and 1 undergrad professor (final improvement, last year I had my Lab Director, a boss from a previous job, and 3 professors)

I'm mostly worried that because I interviewed here before and am a reapplicant that they will overlook me completely :(

59 minutes ago, CaitlynD said:

Did anyone else submit early but hasn't received an invitation yet? I'm starting to get really nervous. I submitted CASPA on May 2nd and received a confirmation that my secondary was received on May 17th. I applied last year and interviewed but did not get in. This is by far my top choice school. Also, does anyone know of someone who was a reapplicant and got in here?

Stats:

CGPA: 3.98

SGPA: 4.0

3000+ hours as a phlebotomist in a hospital (one of my app improvements, only had about 1000 last time)

51 volunteer hours in a homeless shelter over the winter (this was the main thing I did to improve my app, had almost none)

15 volunteer hours at health fairs

Shadowing MDs/PAs 100  hours

LOR from 2 MDs, my Lab Director, my direct supervisor and 1 undergrad professor (final improvement, last year I had my Lab Director, a boss from a previous job, and 3 professors)

I'm mostly worried that because I interviewed here before and am a reapplicant that they will overlook me completely :(

I don't think they have sent out interview invites for the third and fourth interview sessions yet. I am in the same boat as you just patiently waiting hoping for an interview invite. I would imagine that if you interviewed last year and didn't get in but had some application improvement that will not overlook you. Did you apply to other schools? Your app is very strong academically and now your HCE is pretty strong as well, I would think you will get interviews this year for sure.

So I submitted my CASPA in June and was going to submit the supplemental tonight...I was kind of waiting because this program is really far away from me and I didn't want to waste money on travelling if I got into a program closer to me first. But is it worth it to submit the supp since its so late? I already paid the $51 for CASPA :(

1 hour ago, futuretxpa said:

So I submitted my CASPA in June and was going to submit the supplemental tonight...I was kind of waiting because this program is really far away from me and I didn't want to waste money on travelling if I got into a program closer to me first. But is it worth it to submit the supp since its so late? I already paid the $51 for CASPA :(

I not one to be negative, but as others have said this school really emphasizes early application, I think applying within a month of the deadline is not ideal. Especially given that they have already sent out invites for two out of four interview sessions that they generally do.

12 hours ago, milesHenson1 said:

I don't think they have sent out interview invites for the third and fourth interview sessions yet. I am in the same boat as you just patiently waiting hoping for an interview invite. I would imagine that if you interviewed last year and didn't get in but had some application improvement that will not overlook you. Did you apply to other schools? Your app is very strong academically and now your HCE is pretty strong as well, I would think you will get interviews this year for sure.

Thanks. Nice to hear someone's in the same boat. Do you or anyone else know if it is helpful/harmful or no effect to email the info email address pa-info@ucdenver.edu to inquire about app status? I'm having a hard time playing the waiting game, especially knowing that invites have already been sent out for half the interview dates...

2 hours ago, CaitlynD said:

Thanks. Nice to hear someone's in the same boat. Do you or anyone else know if it is helpful/harmful or no effect to email the info email address pa-info@ucdenver.edu to inquire about app status? I'm having a hard time playing the waiting game, especially knowing that invites have already been sent out for half the interview dates...

I don't think it will hurt your chances but it won't help either. They will more than likely say it is under review. They don't send out rejections till after all the interviews are done.

Archived