2017-18 Cycle

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HanSolo

Try and not get too hung up on it. This really is just a statement of who you are as a person. Think of it this way: your resume is a compilation of what you have done, whereas this is a compilation of why you did it. The hardest challenge for me was trying to fit it all under the character count! Needless to say, a lot of life experiences were cut. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, eggaroro said:

did anyone receive confirmation that their application was received? thank you!

I received a confirmation email on June 29th that my application was complete and under review. It looks like they send interview invites from August to October. Good luck everyone!

52 minutes ago, alex3141 said:

I received a confirmation email on June 29th that my application was complete and under review. It looks like they send interview invites from August to October. Good luck everyone!

Good luck too! When did you submit your supplemental? I submitted 6/21 and haven't received confirmation yet.

14 minutes ago, eggaroro said:

Good luck too! When did you submit your supplemental? I submitted 6/21 and haven't received confirmation yet.

I submitted my supplemental on 6/25 and sent my GRE scores on 6/25, and received an email notifying me that my application was complete on 6/29. I'd probably give it a bit longer, but it seems like a generic email so there's probably no harm to emailing in and confirming it's complete.

Is anyone here applying with any outstanding pre-reqs? I'm taking one class in the fall and one in the spring..but there wasn't anywhere on the supplemental to specify that I am taking them. Do you think they will assume that I know I need to take them or should I email them letting them know? Thank you for the help!

1 hour ago, alex3141 said:

Is anyone here applying with any outstanding pre-reqs? I'm taking one class in the fall and one in the spring..but there wasn't anywhere on the supplemental to specify that I am taking them. Do you think they will assume that I know I need to take them or should I email them letting them know? Thank you for the help!

My understanding is they will consider you for an interview as long as you have completed the pre-reqs listed on the website that must be completed prior to applying. If you are offered an interview you should let them know during the interview that you are enrolled in the remaining classes that are required prior to matriculation. However, if it would put your mind at ease, I do not think an email would hurt. Just my two cents. 

1 hour ago, Jenk_CO said:

My understanding is they will consider you for an interview as long as you have completed the pre-reqs listed on the website that must be completed prior to applying. If you are offered an interview you should let them know during the interview that you are enrolled in the remaining classes that are required prior to matriculation. However, if it would put your mind at ease, I do not think an email would hurt. Just my two cents. 

Thank you! I appreciate the advice :)

On 6/30/2017 at 2:37 PM, milesHenson1 said:

I did apply broadly, I was going elsewhere. But the city wasn't the right fit and my family situation wasn't right either.

On 6/30/2017 at 2:37 PM, milesHenson1 said:

I did apply broadly, I was going elsewhere. But the city wasn't the right fit and my family situation wasn't right either.

Oh gotcha, well good luck this year!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived