• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Lounyc said:

Hey, which campus did ya'll apply to?
Did anyone hear anything back?

I applied to all 3. I got confirmation emails in mid June that said final decisions will be made by December 2017 for the Winthrop program, and decisions will be made by June 2018 for the other 2 campuses. 

I applied to all 3. I got confirmation emails in mid June that said final decisions will be made by December 2017 for the Winthrop program, and decisions will be made by June 2018 for the other 2 campuses. 

I received an email from both bayshore and Winthrop confirming they've received my app. Yesterday I received an email from Winthrop stating my application is now complete and being forwarded to admissions. Have you received the same ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Lounyc said:

I received an email from both bayshore and Winthrop confirming they've received my app. Yesterday I received an email from Winthrop stating my application is now complete and being forwarded to admissions. Have you received the same ?

All of the emails I received said that they were gonna conduct a preliminary review of my app and they will let me know if they need anything else. Seems like we both got different emails...yours sounds more positive lol. 

All of the emails I received said that they were gonna conduct a preliminary review of my app and they will let me know if they need anything else. Seems like we both got different emails...yours sounds more positive lol. 

Yes that's what I'm trying to figure out now. I've received the original email stating they are going to conduct a preliminary review. Now I received an email stating the preliminary review is complete.
Ok just checking. I'm sure you'll receive one also. Since Winthrop program begins in January do you think interviews began ?

5 hours ago, Lounyc said:

Yes that's what I'm trying to figure out now. I've received the original email stating they are going to conduct a preliminary review. Now I received an email stating the preliminary review is complete.
Ok just checking. I'm sure you'll receive one also. Since Winthrop program begins in January do you think interviews began ?

Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying lol. According to last year's forum, they started sending out interview invites in August. 

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, I just wanted to clarify. The Winthrop PA program that will be starting next year in January, is that for a masters degree? Just wanted to make sure after you graduate that program, you would have a maters in PA. I know the for the Touro one, it is a masters program. Someone please respond. 

All touro pa programs in ny are dual degree programs. You will receive your BS in health science as well as your MS in PA studies.

Is it frown upon to apply to touro with a grade in pending? I am retaking a Bio 100 class this spring semester and am wondering if it will hurt my chances of enrolling or delay an interview. Any thoughts on this, thanks!

Your transcript does not show your previous grade ?

Either way I've spoke to Christie I believe her name is. I was gonna apply last cycle to attend fall 2017 (around this time) with only one pre req course outstanding.

Although it says on their website that you can apply with i believe 2 outstanding pre reqs, she told me that if I were to apply they wouldn't even look at my app.

So I waited until my last semester was over when I had competed my classes and applied this cycle.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 9:22 AM, paskippy said:

Hello everyone! I am currently a Winthrop student in my third semester. Holla at me if you made it to the winthrop class of 2020 or if you have any questions in general. Good luck in this years cycle!

I was wondering if you remembered what time your interview ended? The interview is somewhat later in the day and I have to be home the next day so I'm trying to figure out plane tickets. Thanks

I was wondering if you remembered what time your interview ended? The interview is somewhat later in the day and I have to be home the next day so I'm trying to figure out plane tickets. Thanks

Kp, you received an interview for Winthrop? If so, what's your date and when did u apply.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived