2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@hopefulPA09525 they emailed me at 12 PM on 7/6. Here are some of my stats, and I wish you the best:

• Cumulative GPA- 3.96
  • Science GPA- 3.93
  • HCE (156: medical mission trip and hospital volunteer), PCE (600 medical assistant, 200 home health aide, 100 personal care aide, 199 EMT and accumulating more as a full time medical assistant at a dermatology practice!)

Got an email from drexel 5/19 saying my file was moving to official review.... since some time has passed I called and asked about the status of my application because I haven't received a rejection letter in the mail like they sent out last cycle. The woman I spoke with said my file was still in the review process.... pretty confused haha

14 minutes ago, Faker said:

Ya boy just got an interview invite today! Beyond excited! 

Congrats!! Sorry to ask this to another person, but I haven't figured it out yet. I'm trying to figure out where they are in apps, when were you verified?

Hey all! I am a first year student finishing the last quarter of didactic year at Drexel. Let me know if you have any questions with regards to the application process! Congrats to those who have been accepted and best of luck to those still applying!

I also started a Facebook Group for your class! It will be very useful during your time here at Drexel.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/322128871576649/

31 minutes ago, PrePA404 said:

Hey Rambler88, do you know what's the average HCE of your class?  And what does Drexel look for in an applicant?

I don't. I don't think they release that to us. I would say you need a minimum of 1000 hours. I had about 5000 as an ED scribe when I applied and a lot of my classmates had about the same. What really matters is the quality of the HCE and keep in mind that it is only one part of your application. I highly recommend getting your applications in as early as possible as it will increase your chances for an interview. Drexel does rolling admission. Hope that helps.

On 7/13/2017 at 8:59 PM, Rambler88 said:

Hey all! I am a first year student finishing the last quarter of didactic year at Drexel. Let me know if you have any questions with regards to the application process! Congrats to those who have been accepted and best of luck to those still applying!

I also started a Facebook Group for your class! It will be very useful during your time here at Drexel.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/322128871576649/

Hi. I have an interview Aug 11th. Any good place to eat close? What do you like about the program the most?

1 hour ago, gatoratc said:

Hi. I have an interview Aug 11th. Any good place to eat close? What do you like about the program the most?

Congrats on getting an interview. There are a lot of good places to eat. Chinatown isn't too far away from NCB. I would recommend going to Dim Sum Garden. Goldie is pretty good for falafel. Sabrina's on Callowhill is a really good brunch spot. Yamitsuki has pretty good Ramen. For Mexican try El Vez or El Rey. Reading Terminal Market is also a good place to go as it has many options.

One thing that I really like about the program is how helpful the faculty is. Any time I am having an issue or don't understand a concept all I have to do is shoot them an email and they are more than willing to meet with me to help. The director gives everyone his phone number and constantly tells us to contact him any time with any questions or concerns. 

1 minute ago, Namelessrd said:

I got an email saying "An admissions decision has been made......log in to the portal to view your decision" and when I logged in under "status" it said "after careful consideration blah blah can't offer you admission to our program." 

I didn't even know there was a portal for Drexel... or were you just given that information in this email? Sorry about the rejection... that just means you're meant to end up elsewhere! best of luck :)

Archived