Univeristy of Kentucky 2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ashkh1 said:

My email said I would receive a letter in a few weeks that would let me know more about that. 

Ooh okay !! If you wouldn't mind, please let us know what that date is once it arrives :) Congratulations on your acceptance! I'm assuming the date should be the same for both campuses.

For those accepted to the Morehead campus and considering moving to Morehead. I know several incoming students either moving or considering moving to Morehead for the program. I thought about starting a private group where we could all talk about it and possibly find roommates amongst each other and have a game plan going in. I know the program will have a group for us to join soon, but I thought it would be a good idea to get to know each other and get an idea about living situations. Please message me if interested and I would be more than happy to set up a group or some form of communication for us. Thank you! 

Hey guys! I know that we received an email today regarding getting the official acceptance letter in September, but I was curious to know if anyone has already used the link on the incoming students page on UK's website to pay their seat deposit or are you all waiting until the letter is received?

I just want to make sure I don't miss any important deadlines and miss my spot in the class!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Has anyone been told the exact deadline for when you have to accept your seat and put down a deposit for the Lexington campus?

And is anyone familiar with how the waitlist at UK works? Is it the traditional waitlist where if someone doesn't accept their seat, whoever is #1 on the waitlist will get that seat invite? 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sjw2017 said:

@molang I thought I read it on last years thread but after reviewing it must have been another program I was thinking of. 

Oh man, there goes the ray of hope LOL ... :( 

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more responses on this thread from anyone! Would really appreciate to know if ANY person from the waitlist has been contacted.

I might email Julia soon to see if we can get any information about those on the waitlist. I know the deadline to accept a seat and put down a deposit was 1-2 weeks ago, so I figured that people would be notified by now about their waitlist position. I assume it takes more time too for people who are called off the waitlist to make their decision as well.

I can't imagine that many people would get off the waitlist since the class size isn't too big! Then again, I have no idea how many people are on the waitlist, how people are chosen to get off the waitlist, etc.

3 hours ago, JKB1994 said:

From what it looks like most of everyone accepted their seat and I am not sure if anyone was pulled up from the waitlist or not!

Are you saying this based on the established FB group of accepted students? Who wouldn't accept their spot in UK's PA program !! I figured this was the case, but of course I was somewhat hopeful about the waitlist :( 

Thank you for your response though !

Archived