Interview questions!

Hi everyone,

I am really appreciated if you guys help me and others who got an interview date!

I want to know in case you went to the interview -what question did they asked, what are the major things they want to know, how they interviewed and how long it takes and etc.

It is my first interview in my life and I'm very nervous. I have to get accepted no matter what, if not my life is screwed.

Please please help me

Thank you so much

1. Your body will not be snatched from this earth should you not get accepted to PA school. The end of the earth per the Mayan calander will occur first so you can relax.

2. The interview is an oral exam of how well you can think on your feet about a range of subjects. It is also a judge of character. Seeking previews or answers to that test reveals a flaw in judgement. To be persistent in your quest to find the easy way out is a flaw in character. Don't be that person.

I agree with "Just steve" (maybe not on the end of the world part).

They do want to see you and your character, and it is like a test. But Im assuming you want actual helpful info :)

Here's what I just posted on one of the other boards:

"I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Be confident and knowledgable. Be able to list PA organizations and what they do. Know how you're going to pay for school and how long (yes how many years) you will be paying off loans. Why aren't you going to med school? It's an open file interview so they asked me things like "You're from OH, are you really comfortable with being that far from home?" They may also ask about your relationships and how your going to deal with not being around the people you care about. (ex: Does your spouse realize you wont have time for dates, and that you wont be able to always be together?) *I just made that one up but they asked me about my relationship and how it handles stress

-My interview was grueling. My best advise is to be confident in your answers and OWN them. If they interrupt you or say "well yes but...blah blah blah" Be polite but stick to your guns. They want to see that you know what you are talking about. Walk in with your head held high and be proud of all that you have done. Be sure to know details of what you like about their program, and what makes it different from programs around the area.

I suggest bringing something to drink.. they only had like 5 bottles of water to offer our entire interview group.

If you have other ?'s feel free to PM me!"

The interview is 30 mins with one faculty and one current student. Make sure you know your applications. They also care a lot about community service.

Since you haven't interviewed before I HIGHLY suggest you practice. Practice saying things outloud, record yourself and watch it back, and have someone interview in a mock interview then give you feedback. You have to be comfortable with the situation before you can give good answers.

Also they are HUGE on dressing professionally. Be WAY conservative. Make sure nothing is wrinkled.

Good luck!

Thank you so much wisemakl.

I have no problem with the talking on the interview and I am actually the best in oral presentations and my head is always up and I am a strong person. I just needed a little help and support from people who can undrestand my feeling toward getting accepted.

@ Just Steve: I just needed a little advise and help. don't worry nobody gonna steal your place!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Did they ask you any ethical questions? or current laws? if so how did you prepare for those? would you mind sharing? with the issue of where you see yourself in 5 or 10 years, do you have any idea what they are looking for? I am still new to this and am open-minded on what area of medicine I would like to practice as a PA. I just see myself working as a pa in a hospital or clinical setting with the undeserved population.

with the issue of where you see yourself in 5 or 10 years, do you have any idea what they are looking for? I am still new to this and am open-minded on what area of medicine I would like to practice as a PA. I just see myself working as a pa in a hospital or clinical setting with the undeserved population.

It seems you answered your own question.

Don't worry so much about the interview. Don't look for what you think they want to hear. Tell them YOUR thoughts and ideas and how YOU feel.

Good Luck!

Archived