Inputting Prerequisite courses

I had a question about putting in prerequisite courses for individual schools. I repeated a few pre-req courses, such as Bio 1 and Chem 1, and was wondering when putting in the pre-requisite courses for individual schools do I include the Bio 1 course I took the first time and the repeat for the Bio pre-req or can I just put the repeat course grade?

Thank you in advance!

I had a question about putting in prerequisite courses for individual schools. I repeated a few pre-req courses, such as Bio 1 and Chem 1, and was wondering when putting in the pre-requisite courses for individual schools do I include the Bio 1 course I took the first time and the repeat for the Bio pre-req or can I just put the repeat course grade?

Thank you in advance!

You must input all courses taken. When they verify your transcript they are going to calculate the repeated classes into the cumulative GPA and every class must be on record.

CASPA does not honor specific policies from colleges that allow a "forgiveness" if the first attempt failed.

Hope that info answered your question

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

If you're specifying courses for a particular school, at their request, to meet their prerequisites, then you need to follow the instructions per that program.  It varies -- some want all the classes; some want only the specific one(s) you want considered as fulfilling their pre-req.  If you are entering your coursework in CASPA (not a supplemental) then as the previous responder indicated, and as clearly spelled out in the CASPA FAQ, everything gets input.  

Valdivia_ashley and AliB What if I took the same class 3 times? I took Chemistry 1 twice at one school and because I did not do so well I took it again at a community college. When inputting pre-reqs I would include all 3 courses for Chemistry 1 then? The chemistry course I took the third time is considered post-baccalaureate.

Valdivia_ashley and AliB What if I took the same class 3 times? I took Chemistry 1 twice at one school and because I did not do so well I took it again at a community college. When inputting pre-reqs I would include all 3 courses for Chemistry 1 then? The chemistry course I took the third time is considered post-baccalaureate.

If the program asks for all, you provide all; if they ask for one-for-one, you should list the one with the best grade (and within any "expiration" period, if applicable).  Whether it was in an initial undergrad degree, subsequent undergrad degree, post bacc non-degree, or masters is irrelevant (unless it's a pre-req the program specifies a level, e.g., "upper level", which would be junior, senior, or graduate level).  

For CASPA, everything goes in.  Everything.  

Archived