Virginia: EVMS CASPA Cycle for Class of 2021

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also applied this cycle! Anxiously waiting until June to hear back. 
Question though.. I am going on a medical service trip in April. Would it be worth reporting this to EVMS once completed? I know EVMS values community service on applications. 
I would say no, but you could definitely work it into an interview response. There's no practical way to report it besides directly though email, since only grades and contact information can be updated through applications.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just submitted my application today. Since it’s the end of CASPA season essentially, do you think it’ll go through by Thursday?
As long as all of your documents (transcripts) have been submitted correctly, you should be ok. They only require you have a "complete" status before the deadline--not verified. What is your status right now?

3 hours ago, DarcyJ said:

As long as all of your documents (transcripts) have been submitted correctly, you should be ok. They only require you have a "complete" status before the deadline--not verified. What is your status right now?

I literally just sent it a couple hours ago and it's already verified!

For the introductory/general psychology prerequisite, they don't take AP credit to test out and my university wouldn't let me take the class anyways. I substituted child/adolescent psychology instead...would I have any problems with this? I already put abnormal psych for my upper level psychology.
This is the best I've got for you short of having you write Mr. Graham and ask. You won't have any recourse if it's not acceptable, but at least you'll know for sure sooner than later. 1cf80cbbeba87d31735fb4cea29be322.jpg

10 minutes ago, DarcyJ said:

This is the best I've got for you short of having you write Mr. Graham and ask. You won't have any recourse if it's not acceptable, but at least you'll know for sure sooner than later. 1cf80cbbeba87d31735fb4cea29be322.jpg

I think I feel a little better about this now, but definitely will write an email tomorrow. Thanks so much and good luck!

I responded to BrandonHughey in a private message, but I wanted to let everyone know that you can update your CASPA application to add experience to include work/volunteer/etc.  I did forget to say make sure when you hit submit it is right, because you CANNOT go back and correct. it is the same as submitting originally. Also, note that once you update it automatically sends a notice to every program you have applied to that you updated. But another program coordinator said to notify them when you update. That is because she said they get 100s of email notifications from CASPA every day. If you email, the admissions person at the school then they will know for sure. I also suggest you put the experience description and hours in the email, just as you did in CASPA. You don't want to go overboard on updating work hours, but it cannot hurt to do it every so often. I.e. I submitted my CASPA application in May 2017, so before I submitted to EVMS, I updated my work experience because I had another 10 months of experience. it was actually the same position so at the beginning of the description I put UPDATE and then gave description.

From my experience, many programs keep a file and they add this update to the file.

GOOD LUCK to ALL!!

On 2/26/2018 at 9:35 PM, icjerseyveeb324 said:

For the introductory/general psychology prerequisite, they don't take AP credit to test out and my university wouldn't let me take the class anyways. I substituted child/adolescent psychology instead...would I have any problems with this? I already put abnormal psych for my upper level psychology.

Hi
As long as you have 2 psychology courses, you should be fine. Assuming at least 3 credits and B- grade or better.
But, for CLEP testing, you don't have to go through your school. Just sign up online and take the test and report the grade directly to the PA program

Just so you know about 3 months ago I asked them if they accept AP credit and they said they accept it for only 2 prerequites only! I took AP psych as well

"AP Credit: college level coursework completed in high school and transfers to a college transcript will be allowed to complete the general prerequisites (chemistry, intro to psychology and math)"

"AP Credit: college level coursework completed in high school and transfers to a college transcript will be allowed to complete the general prerequisites (chemistry, intro to psychology and math)"
Yep! To piggy back, I was going to share this. b7ae24b32d86c95b7d2e6bf277cf3fd1.jpg

Archived