Virginia: EVMS CASPA Cycle for Class of 2021

For those who already applied. After I submit my CASPA application do I automatically go and submit the supplemental app or am I going to get some sort of go ahead from EVMS that my CASPA app has been received and I should go ahead an submit the supplemental application. Thanks In advance!
I haven't submitted my CASPA yet, but I've already started my supplemental. All you need to do is follow the link to it from the admissions guidelines packet or from CASPA and create an account. It will walk you through the application. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/5/2018 at 11:23 AM, DarcyJ said:

I haven't submitted my CASPA yet, but I've already started my supplemental. All you need to do is follow the link to it from the admissions guidelines packet or from CASPA and create an account. It will walk you through the application. Good luck!

Thank you! I did both!

Hopefully I'm not too late in applying but I just submitted my application.  Really looking forward to the possibility of interviewing with this school!  CASPA GPA 3.4 and Science GPA 3.6 with 13,000 DPC hours and approx 160 hours of shadowing PA's.  It's sad how much your GPA goes down in CASPA.  My actual GPA is a 3.6 and Science GPA is a 3.8.  Best of luck everyone!

Hopefully I'm not too late in applying but I just submitted my application.  Really looking forward to the possibility of interviewing with this school!  CASPA GPA 3.4 and Science GPA 3.6 with 13,000 DPC hours and approx 160 hours of shadowing PA's.  It's sad how much your GPA goes down in CASPA.  My actual GPA is a 3.6 and Science GPA is a 3.8.  Best of luck everyone!
I'm curious about this phenomenon. I've seen several posts about CASPA reporting a lower GPA than expected. I wondered if people were computing theirs wrong, but since I've never seen a post with it being the other way around I'm getting nervous. LOL When do you see what CASPA reports? As soon as you submit or after it's verified?

If you go to CASPA and click the section that says "Status" you'll see the list of all of the schools you've applied for.  Take your pick of which application to open and scroll down toward the end to find your verified grades by CASPA.  You'll see your undergraduate cumulative GPA is lower than what you submit from your school transcript.  Also you'll notice your undergrad cumulative Science GPA is lower than what you can calculate yourself based on the grades you entered into CASPA.  I've also never heard of anyone's CASPA GPA being higher than their transcript scores.  It's a curious thing but I've come to think of it as a golf handicap; It works to level out the playing field.

My Cas

2 hours ago, Bonist55 said:

If you go to CASPA and click the section that says "Status" you'll see the list of all of the schools you've applied for.  Take your pick of which application to open and scroll down toward the end to find your verified grades by CASPA.  You'll see your undergraduate cumulative GPA is lower than what you submit from your school transcript.  Also you'll notice your undergrad cumulative Science GPA is lower than what you can calculate yourself based on the grades you entered into CASPA.  I've also never heard of anyone's CASPA GPA being higher than their transcript scores.  It's a curious thing but I've come to think of it as a golf handicap; It works to level out the playing field.

I actually had my GPA bumped up. I'm thinking it's because of my dual enrollment classes. I also heard that honors courses could get you bumped up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 7:12 AM, FuturePA2021 said:
Hi Darcy,

No, although I did consider it. Which classes are you using for CLEP/DANTES?

Human Growth and Development for the upper level psychology. (My course is too old to use.) I was curious if I have to send the CLEP results to the school where I finished my prerequisites and get credit for the psychology course before I could get credit for the prerequisite or if I could just send the score to EVMS directly. I got an email response from the admissions director that was very helpful though.

Thanks for your reply!

Archived