Virginia: EVMS CASPA Cycle for Class of 2021

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/16/2018 at 11:30 PM, mc9214 said:

Hey I’m interviewing on 7-13 pm session coming from nj .. if there’s anything planned 7/13 evening please let me know ? I’d love to meet some of you guys !!! 

Good morning mc9214,

I am also interviewing Friday the 13th for the afternoon session. I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon. I can meet prior or after the session! 

Good morning mc9214,

I am also interviewing Friday the 13th for the afternoon session. I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon. I can meet prior or after the session! 
If you all get something together let me know! I'm local so I can be flexible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, pk325 said:

Does anybody have information on the format of the interview? It would help calm my nerves if I knew what to expect!

This was written in last years group thread. Can't say if this is still the same format, but our interview invite link does say there is a group and individual interview.

"a86dech
Posted June 7, 2017
Interview: There are essentially 3 interviews happening that day. 1) individual with a community PA 2) individual with a PA faculty member 3) group interview with 3-4 PA's (mix of community and faculty) and 5-6 of you."

16 hours ago, DarcyJ said:

This was written in last years group thread. Can't say if this is still the same format, but our interview invite link does say there is a group and individual interview.

"a86dech
Posted June 7, 2017
Interview: There are essentially 3 interviews happening that day. 1) individual with a community PA 2) individual with a PA faculty member 3) group interview with 3-4 PA's (mix of community and faculty) and 5-6 of you."

17 hours ago, dp1391 said:

According to web document, we have individual interviews than group interviews.

Thank You both for the information!

With the interviews fast approaching does anyone have any insider knowledge about the interview topics/styles and what else to expect? 
Scroll up. Someone asked nearly the same question. But, we don't know much more than what is in the the link we got from the school.

1 hour ago, DarcyJ said:

Scroll up. Someone asked nearly the same question. But, we don't know much more than what is in the the link we got from the school.

I didn’t mean so much the format of the interview more of insider information, if anyone has known anyone who has already gone through the program. For instance one interview I attended they used cameras to watch us throughout the day when we thought no one was looking!

16 minutes ago, whewitt25 said:

We definitely will be evaluated from the moment we walk in to when we leave. For example, during our breaks between individual interviews, (I heard) we will be hanging out with current students, who will give their thoughts/opinions on us after the fact! 

Good to know thanks!

On 7/5/2018 at 10:51 AM, AmyFL said:

How wonderful! I will keep you updated for sure! 

I saw you yesterday! Didn't really get a chance to chat though since we were always heading away from each other. Did you have a blast? I loved it. Of course I was super nervous. But, it was just so awesome to be there. Loved getting to hear from the current students, too. 

13 hours ago, DarcyJ said:

I saw you yesterday! Didn't really get a chance to chat though since we were always heading away from each other. Did you have a blast? I loved it. Of course I was super nervous. But, it was just so awesome to be there. Loved getting to hear from the current students, too. 

Oh no!!! I kept looking and asking around for you. ?

Yes! It was fun! The social events were very laid back. I was nervous at the first social since interviews were just over. Saturday's social was much more relaxed!

On 7/8/2018 at 4:57 PM, pk325 said:

Does anybody have information on the format of the interview? It would help calm my nerves if I knew what to expect!

So can someone tell how Friday's interview went.  I mean how was the environment and all.  My interview is tomorrow so just want to shake of that nervousness. 

2 minutes ago, dp1391 said:

So can someone tell how Friday's interview went.  I mean how was the environment and all.  My interview is tomorrow so just want to shake of that nervousness. 

Just relax and be yourself.  I interviewed at 7:45am Friday morning.  It was the most genuine and inviting interview I’ve ever had.  The faculty just wants to get to know you.  Good luck!  Be excited!!!

3 minutes ago, dp1391 said:

I am very excited. Is guest allowed with you because my brother is driving with me.

There were a few people who had family travel with them to VA but they were not in the interview area (you have to be badged in to those areas).  I believe they were back at the hotel & one family hung out in the hospital cafeteria (Sentara).  

Archived